Hey guys,

a friend of mine gave me his Phone because his Wifi greyed out. I tried almost everything what I've found to fix it but nothing worked. The Version is 1.1.4 on 3.9FB. I tried the swifi fix from the Dev team but it doesn't work. Still no MAC address. Does anyone out there has an idea to fix it?

Thanks in advance!
    2008-05-22 10:11 PM
    what the hell is 3.9 "FB"?
    For everytime I had a penny when I said "Use the goddamned search button instead of opening a new thread", I would've made Bill Gates my maid.

Proud owner of an iPhone of which I erased the bootloader one time and the baseband many times just for fun, had the endless reboot cycle like 5 freakin' times and now doesn't work with firmwares lower than 1.1.3
    2008-05-22 11:09 PM
    "Fakeblank". I tried the Wifi fix from ziphone and from iLiberty+ but nothing works!!!
    2008-05-22 11:36 PM
    My iphone was unlocked and modded by a friend and everything worked including wifi. I recently did a restore and I used iliberty. I now also have no wifi. Its greyed out also. I am also running 1.1.4 firmware. I was hoping someone on this site would suggest something. Like using winscp and making a change. Anything would be appreciated.
    2008-05-22 11:43 PM
    "Fakeblank". I tried the Wifi fix from ziphone and from iLiberty+ but nothing works!!!
    get rid of fb dont need to fake ur bootloader and then try patches again

My iphone was unlocked and modded by a friend and everything worked including wifi. I recently did a restore and I used iliberty. I now also have no wifi. Its greyed out also. I am also running 1.1.4 firmware. I was hoping someone on this site would suggest something. Like using winscp and making a change. Anything would be appreciated.
    there are patches via installer and the bigboss source i believe to fix greyed wifi
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!
    2008-05-24 02:26 AM
    This is exactly what I did. You have nothing to lose so try it. Restore to firmware 1.1.4 in itunes. Keep itunes open and use iliberty+. Select the jailbreak, unlock and activate. Also load bootneuter as a payload. ALso select bluetooth wifi signal fix. DO NOT SELECT DEV WIFI GREYED OUT FIX YET. DO NOT SELECT ANYTHING ELSE. NOT EVEN THE DOWNGRADE TO 3.9 Fake under Unlock. Let iliberty+ flash your phone. When your done. Go into your phone and run bootneuter. Select 3.9 fake to on and flash. When this is done, restart iliberty+ and select Dev team wifi greyed out patch. Then run iliberty.
    Then when its done your wifi should be back after you reboot.
    2008-05-24 02:50 AM
    Didn't work for me. Tanks anyway. Any other ideas how to fix it? Does anyone got it fixed with ibooter?
    2008-05-24 02:08 PM
    My wifi and phone has grey icons but both still works
    Last edited by Jay316; 2008-05-24 at 04:14 PM.
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone
    2008-05-24 04:10 PM
    Hey,

I found something on the net saying it could work putting 2.0beta on the phone. Downgrade to 1.1.4, erase the baseband and restore to 1.1.4. What's your oppinion about that? Please someone help!!!

Thanks
    2008-05-25 03:03 PM
    Your wifi calibration tables are messed up as a result of memory corruption as a result of ZiPhone.
    You need to have 3.9FB and then use the grey wifi fix that comes as a payload with with iLiberty+.
    Even after you do this, the MAC address for your phone will now be "Zibri" in ASCII, which leads to other problems. This is due to the ZiPhone WiFi "fix" that you used.

Find iLiberty, and use the grey wifi fix there. If it doesn't work after several tries, the phone is screwed, put bluntly.
    Last edited by dale1v; 2008-05-26 at 05:40 PM.
    2008-05-26 05:35 PM
    a friend got a greyed wifi, 114. he got it unlocked by ziphone, in the first place. what i did was, unlocked, activate, and jailbreak it with iliberty+. dont 4get to check the payload for FIX WIFI, EDGE, etc. afterthat, everything works fine! his contacts, messages, programs, etc was still in the iphone. nothing was erased! hope this works for you.
    2008-05-27 12:42 PM
    Hello again!

Well I'm still trying to get the wifi back but still no luck. I now tried to put the 2.0beta on it and downgrade again but it didn't work. Now I got a new problem. How can I erase the baseband 04.05.01 without wifi?
    Any idea would be appreciated!

Thank you
    2008-06-02 01:14 PM
    Has anybody tried to activate it with a native carrier and take it to an apple store and say "I don't know how this happened, please help me!"...??? cause I think of doing that because I have also tried several methods. At one point the problem went away, but it kept reoccurring and finally the fix stop working about 2 weeks ago. The first time it got fixed was by itself! I left it turned off for a couple of days and when I turned it on, voila! wifi again!, but like I said, it grayed out again and finally ceased... My last hope is activating with AT&T for a day or so or even a week, take it to an apple store and hopefully get a "new" one from them... wishful thinking!
    2008-06-07 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.