1. Aussie-iPhonesc's Avatar
    I know this is nearly my 10th thread today but problems seem to get worse and worse!

    Ok so I've currently got four 1.0.2 iPhones and I unlocked/jailbeak/activated them all using this method http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6378

    This worked perfect on 3 of the iPhones. BUT the 4th one, I followed all the instructions though still says Incorrect SIM. I decided I'd virginize it because I might have made a mistake. To virginize I read that you need AppSnapp so I downloaded the installer and installed it with my iPhone connect to USB, seemed to install fine, though it never showed up on my iPhone. So I tried to re-install thinking something went wrong. This time all these errors came up on my computer and it wouldn't install.

    I then decided I'd re-install the firmware so I put it in recovery mode and opened iTunes and went to restore my firmware. It extracted the firmware, then BAM! It says error, cannot restore firmware.

    Now I'm stuck in recovery mode! Can't get out of it and I can't restore firmware! Am I completely screwed? I'm very desperate for help I've got 12hrs to send this iPhone unlocked to a buyer. If I can't fix it I'm in debt $700!! Thats why I'm willing to pay someone to help me out here.

    PLEASE!! I'm desperate!

    BTW iBrickr won't recognize it as connected and neither will PACAY. iTunes only recognizes it when its in recovery mode.
    2007-11-27 10:46 AM
  2. Modmedia's Avatar
    Keep plugging the phone in and out of the docking station and trying the power on switch when the backlight is on.
    2007-11-27 02:59 PM
  3. baboonia's Avatar
    I had similar problem. Itunes would barf whenever I tried to restore the bricked phone. iNdependence 1.2.5 would also crash. I then installed iNdependence 1.3 beta 2 (Big Rock) on my Mac. I made sure itunes was not running, when I launched iNdependence 1.3 beta 2 the phone came back to life. Now I have a 1.1.1 activated phone. (still locked though but at least its no longer a brick!)

    After my formerly bricked phone was working I realized my baseband was corrupted from an earlier unlock solution, so once I go the phone bootable, I reloaded v1.0.2 with itunes. Then I used indepenence to activate (jailbreak) it. Then I installed installer so I could install the BSD subsystem. At that point I used techniques from http://iphone.unlock.no/#how-to-virginize-easily to virginize the baseband. After that, I upgraded with itunes to 1.1.1 then used the non-computer method http://iphone.unlock.no/ to activate and unlock the phone.

    Works awesome! Yesterday I had a bricked phone that wouldn't even boot past the "connect to itunes" logo now it is fully functioning 1.1.1 and unlocked.
    Last edited by baboonia; 2007-11-28 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-11-28 11:40 AM
  4. dualmax's Avatar
    I can help you fix it for sure, please contact me thru AIM username is dualmax or with MSN username is dualmax@hotmail.com
    2007-11-29 12:01 AM