So the Vietnam company has unlocked it and it seems like they will have an unlock soon..but how soon?
    i plan on going to buffalo to pick up a iphone (1.1.2 of course) since my current phone is dying on me but i am second thinking it.
    should i buy it, jailbreak it and wait?
    or
    wait it out possibly spend my money on another phone (i see it as a waste) and then probably not visit the US for a long time.
    or
    spend $700 on a unlocked iPhone non-1.1.2 and spend an extra $300 then needed.
    2007-11-28 07:10 AM
    Wait it out. It is coming.
    Chris 'cWanja' Wanja
    [email protected]
     Apple Genius - Retail
    Do not forget to "thank me" for helping!
    2007-11-28 07:23 AM
    700 bucks for an unlocked iphone? that's riddiculous
    2007-11-28 07:38 PM
    So the Vietnam company has unlocked it and it seems like they will have an unlock soon..but how soon?
    i plan on going to buffalo to pick up a iphone (1.1.2 of course) since my current phone is dying on me but i am second thinking it.
    should i buy it, jailbreak it and wait?
    or
    wait it out possibly spend my money on another phone (i see it as a waste) and then probably not visit the US for a long time.
    or
    spend $700 on a unlocked iPhone non-1.1.2 and spend an extra $300 then needed.
    The Vietnam company hasn't done a damn thing, until they can backup their claims with proof.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2007-11-28 07:41 PM
    700 bucks for an unlocked iphone? that's riddiculous
    ya its brutal.
    thats why i'm thinking of buying it and if nothing happens for a bit buy turbosim and see if i can unlock it like that. but that requires the original sim that comes with the iphone (at&t).
    2007-11-28 08:05 PM
    ya its brutal.
    thats why i'm thinking of buying it and if nothing happens for a bit buy turbosim and see if i can unlock it like that. but that requires the original sim that comes with the iphone (at&t).
    haha, maybe I should put my AT&T SIM on eBay, I wonder how much I could get.
    2007-11-28 08:09 PM
    eh what?
    2007-11-28 08:37 PM
    wait.....
    2007-11-28 09:00 PM
    eh what?
    Some Vietnam guy made a bogus claim (bogus meaning he has absolutely nothing to back up his claim) that he used a hardware method to unlock 1.1.2 and he'll soon be coming out with a software method. But oh... he won't tell you how he did it, or give you any details.
    2007-11-28 09:25 PM
    Vietnam has not unlocked the new bootloader, what they are saying is "We unlocked an OTB 1.1.2 iPhone, but were not going to tell you how."
    2007-11-28 11:17 PM
    ok. there was a false claim then...so anyone know of a pre-btldr 4.6 iphone they want to sell me?
    2007-11-29 02:29 AM
    yeah, the viet thing is BS. just like usuall you have some guy talking BS to get attention. lets see proof and a guide for us to replicate his method, then we'll believe it
    2007-11-29 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD