Will the new 3g iphone be able to be unlocked......lets say with iliberty+ or will we have to wait for someone to be able to unlock it with a new method?
    2008-06-11 12:51 AM
    its too soon to answer this friend..
    Thanks is an acknowledgment
    2008-06-11 12:58 AM
    well, with the whole thing with you cant leave the store without signing up for a contract, im not thinking so. or at least if we could, it wouldnt be practical. and according to a source it said that if you dont fully activate your iphone within 30 days, penalties will be had.
    2008-06-11 01:07 AM
    iphone 2.0 should be considered simfree imho

iPhone is coming soon for Pay & Go

Customers will soon be able to enjoy all the great features of iPhone without a monthly contract with the iPhone for Pay & Go.

Just register your interest opposite and we'll drop you a line in early July to tell you what you need to do to be one of the first to get your hands on the new 3G iPhone.

More information on the new iPhone will be available shortly so come back in a few days or visit Apple
    Last edited by stocis; 2008-06-11 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Thanks is an acknowledgment
    2008-06-11 01:33 AM
    i thought someone said that whole thing about having to activate at the apple store was not 100%.........well i hope its not so i can get one........hopefully someone will figure out how to unlock it soon.
    2008-06-11 04:25 AM
    I think I read somewhere that AT&T scrapped the idea of putting the iPhone 3G on their GoPhone service...

and the 30-day-or-penalty rule...I've only read about it being enforced in the AT&T stores...never anything that linked it to official Apple stores.

Who knows? Maybe there's hope.
    2008-06-12 04:02 AM
    I think I read somewhere that AT&T scrapped the idea of putting the iPhone 3G on their GoPhone service...

and the 30-day-or-penalty rule...I've only read about it being enforced in the AT&T stores...never anything that linked it to official Apple stores.

Who knows? Maybe there's hope.
    I thought it had to be activated, even with iPhone 1, in AT&T stores. So how could you get a penalty for something by not activating it?
    2008-06-12 04:13 AM
    Really? Well, I wouldn't know, since I got mine in an Apple store...

Maybe they come and arrest you, fine you an insane amount of money, or something like that. Whatever they do, they want to sound as ambiguous as they can when they say "penalty," so that they can deter the more easily convinced consumers from using their iPhone on T-Mobile or whatever.
    2008-06-12 04:18 AM
    I sold my iPhone several days ago on ebay-now all this news about not being able to purchase one w/o contract is getting me depressed.
    2008-06-12 04:26 AM
    Back to the topic of the thread... The new iPhones will come with a new bootloader which will have to be cracked before we can unlock the new baseband. If you remember it took several MONTHS for the OTB 4.6BL to be unlocked (ziphone).. so it could be at least that long until a vulnerability is found.

Oh and remember that even the last 3 betas were never even JAILBROKEN... much less unlocked
    2008-06-12 04:34 AM
    Time will tell... and the dev team of course :-)
    If I could help you with my answer give me a
    2008-06-12 07:49 PM
    I thought 2.0 was already jailbroken
    2008-06-12 07:58 PM
    I thought 2.0 was already jailbroken
    Only 2.0 Beta 1 and Beta 2 have been jailbroken.. the rest have not.
    2008-06-12 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD