Dear all this a brief guide for the PSS sim application on the OTB 1.1.2 iphones or wth new bootloader version iphones, this means this also applicable to the iphones sold in Europe.
    This guide should applied to Turbo sims...
    The key point here in this guide is to jailbreak "ONLY" no need to "UNLOCK" the iphone.
    So even apple release a new firmware somewhen later, this PSS sim "PROBABLY" will be the fastest way to "UNLOCK" your iphone. Because it only required the "JAILBREAK" and need not to "UNLCOK"... This PSS sim also applied for any version of firmware form 1.0.2 , 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 and also works with "BOTH BOOTLOADER" versions like I said before.
    And this PSS sim also comes with a feature of holding two sim cards together at once, meaning that you can have 2 phone lines for the iphone, with only one line stanby at a time, you can switch the lines between sim application in the phone setting, no need to turn off your phone and pull out the sim to replace it, this is very useful for those traveling a lot or want to keep the office line separate from his/her private line sepacially after office hour.
    Here is how it works.
    1.First restore your OTB 1.1.2 iphone to 1.1.1 by placing the iphone to recovery mode. Put it out if the recovery mode when it is done.
    2.Then activate iphone by using the the method form www.jailbreakme.com you can find the guide from www.modmyi.com a guide called "Jailbreak the iPhone 1.1.1 out of the box".
    3.Install the "OktoPre" from the tweaks 1.1.1 in the installer.
    4.Then open itunes and "UPDATE" your iphone to 1.1.2.
    5.Download "Jailbreak 1.2" and unzip it then run "Jailbreak.rar" in OSX or "Windows.bat" in XP, remember to select install SSH and then hit Jailbreak, remember to place your sim with PSS sim together and insert it into iphone before you hit the Jailbreak.
    6.After few reboots then you will see signal bar coming up on the upper left corner, finally make sure you install "iWorld" from Tweaks1.1.2 folder in installer and rub it before you can start using the phone functions.

If you guys have any enquiries regarding the PSS sim, please feel free to contact me through my pm.
    2007-12-01 05:03 PM
    Hi,
    What is PPS Sim unlock?
    Thank you
    2007-12-01 05:20 PM
    Do u have to leave the turbo sim in it or can u take it out and just leave the regular sim in after the process....?
    2007-12-01 05:29 PM
    Hi,
    What is PPS Sim unlock?
    Thank you
    hi, it is sim kit used to "unlcok" iphone without "REALLY UNLOCK" it..
    all you need is the Jailbreak.
    it is similar to Turbo sim but with more function....

Do u have to leave the turbo sim in it or can u take it out and just leave the regular sim in after the process....?
    you have to leave the PSS sim or Turbo sim inside your iphone together with your sim(s)..
    Last edited by parkertseng; 2007-12-02 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-12-02 12:06 AM
    Guys you have to leave your Turbosim on.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..
    2007-12-02 01:40 AM
    Hi, do you sell the pss sim? What is the price for the sim and for shipping to germany?
    Do i have to program it?

Thanks forestrunner
    2007-12-02 09:07 PM
    I just looked this up on the Taiwanese site. It's similar to the stealthsim.com thing, if not the same thing and costs NT$2500 which is around US$80 - quite expensive, but if you want a working 1.1.2 phone I suppose it's worth it.
    2007-12-05 03:03 PM
    I tried to get PSS SIM to work by following these instructions carefully (tried 3 times already) and unfortunately the the result is:
    - When inserting SIM (with PSS) lowest network-bar shows for one second
    - Then the phone says: No service
    - After some minutes the phone says: "No SIM"

Tried with two different SIM:s in Finland (Elisa and DNA), but got the same results. Any ideas on how to debug or solve this problem?
    2008-01-01 05:35 PM
    I tried to get PSS SIM to work by following these instructions carefully (tried 3 times already) and unfortunately the the result is:
    - When inserting SIM (with PSS) lowest network-bar shows for one second
    - Then the phone says: No service
    - After some minutes the phone says: "No SIM"

Tried with two different SIM:s in Finland (Elisa and DNA), but got the same results. Any ideas on how to debug or solve this problem?
    My friend tried with another PSS SIM, different iPhone and another (Elisa) SIM. And got the same results.
    2008-01-02 06:59 PM
    What exactly is unlocking a phone without really unlocking it mean? Is that like being a little pregnant?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-01-02 07:04 PM
    What exactly is unlocking a phone without really unlocking it mean? Is that like being a little pregnant?
    he means it doesn't unlock the phone..it just tricks the phone into thinking its an AT&T sim...its a hardware trick
    2008-01-02 07:53 PM
    he means it doesn't unlock the phone..it just tricks the phone into thinking its an AT&T sim...its a hardware trick
    Yes, I'm aware of what SIM patches do, so I guess its just another case of using the term "unlock" incorrectly.
    2008-01-02 08:00 PM
    I am having the exact same problem as jojule.

Ok what I thought was a random loss of signal may not have been random. It turns out that if I have an incoming SMS text message, I suddenly lose the signal. If I even have an SMS on the way that I havent yet read, I won't obtain a signal on my iPhone until I receive and read that text on another phone. Everything else seems to be working. I can make/receive calls, use voicemail, and I can SEND SMS messages. But I cannot receive them. I'm on the T-Mobile network in usa.
    Any ideas on how to resolve this?
    Last edited by CptZulu; 2008-01-04 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-04 01:34 AM
    Yes, I'm aware of what SIM patches do, so I guess its just another case of using the term "unlock" incorrectly.
    oh thank you grate obwan for clarity.
    2008-01-04 04:28 AM
    oh thank you grate obwan for clarity.
    Immature responses aside, clarity is required, otherwise you're simply blowing smoke out your arse, and you look like an idiot. Clear?
    2008-01-04 02:08 PM
    I am having the exact same problem as jojule.

Ok what I thought was a random loss of signal may not have been random. It turns out that if I have an incoming SMS text message, I suddenly lose the signal. If I even have an SMS on the way that I havent yet read, I won't obtain a signal on my iPhone until I receive and read that text on another phone. Everything else seems to be working. I can make/receive calls, use voicemail, and I can SEND SMS messages. But I cannot receive them. I'm on the T-Mobile network in usa.
    Any ideas on how to resolve this?
    My resolution: bought StealthSIM that works perfectly. Trying to return non-working PSS SIMs to seller.
    2008-01-12 01:26 PM
    I can speak for all of us when people hear about OTB PSS SIM UNLOCK we want to hear how to unlock united states IPHONES we all know foreign countries can unlock phones so why post something about a PSS SIM its not worth it when we have all these people on forums worrying about the new updates thats coming and 1.1.2 being unlocked. people I know I'am being a little harsh but this is killing me on what people are saying its retarded we want the real facts that apply to us not like 2% majority of the forums are from another country and know how to unlock a iphone. SO please post something useful you know like unlock tutorial for 1.1.2 otb if it ever is unlocked.

I hope people understand me a little better then most people.
    2008-01-12 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD