Hi, can anyone confirm this:

http://unlock.exthus-iphone.com/iphone_news.html

I've mailed them and they replied that they can unlock 1.1.2 OTB iphones.. How come I've never heard of this...
    2007-12-03 11:50 AM
    unlock.exthus-iphone.com cannot unlock your uk 1.1.2 o2 iphone its a scam so save your money everyone that emails gets the same reply its an automated response i purchased the software and it doesnt work SCAMMERS is what they are
    2007-12-03 12:49 PM
    Scam.
    2007-12-03 01:21 PM
    I feel for you guccipaul, but at the same time I can't help but LMAO at that website. The guy running the show was clearly shown how to unlock his pre-bootloader 4.6 iphone, and then sets up the sight claming that he will give you software and 24/7 lifetime support ect ect buncha crap sales tactics that he now has to honor because he was an idiot and didn't bother to know his product before selling it. omg, I'm going to have a hernia I'm laughing so hard!
    2007-12-03 01:26 PM
    Ok, I see this is a scam!

My question is not about this, but about finding the version of firmware + bl.

Is this the correct method? It's from the sites FAQ, that's why I'm wondering...since most think it's a scam.

4. How can I check my iPhone version?
    You can check what firmware is preinstalled by going to the emergency call, entering *3001#12345#* then pressing "Call". Under Versions you will find what revision firmware is on the phone out of the box.

03.12.06_G is firmware 1.0.0
    03.14.08_G is firmware 1.0.1 and 1.02
    04.01.13_G is firmware 1.1.1
    04.02.04_G is firmware 1.1.1

Didn't want to start a new thread just for this

Thanks!
    Last edited by eirikdh; 2007-12-03 at 03:00 PM.
    2007-12-03 02:48 PM
    Actually they are pretty straight up. Read their FAQ. They aren't lying. All they say is they can unlock the phone and you can use any O2 sim which is true. They even say you cannot use any carrier at the moment but they will send you the instructions once they know.

So I guess if you didn't read the FAQ you could possibly think that they have a solution but really not.

KmanOz
    2007-12-03 02:55 PM
    Actually they are pretty straight up. Read their FAQ. They aren't lying. All they say is they can unlock the phone and you can use any O2 sim which is true. They even say you cannot use any carrier at the moment but they will send you the instructions once they know.

So I guess if you didn't read the FAQ you could possibly think that they have a solution but really not.

KmanOz
    You appear to have read a different FAQ than everyone else. Or you're flat-out lying for some reason.
    2007-12-03 03:30 PM
    You appear to have read a different FAQ than everyone else. Or you're flat-out lying for some reason.
    Actually he is not wrong

1. Can you unlock o2 iPhone version 1.1.2?
    YES - We can now unlock the o2 UK iPhone for you to use any o2 or Tesco Mobile PAYG or Contract SIM Cards!

It is not currently possible to unlock the 1.1.2 iPhones to all network providers, but as soon as the solution becomes available it'll be sent to all of our customers along with tutorial and all required software.
    2007-12-03 04:43 PM
    Actually he is not wrong

YES - We can now unlock the o2 UK iPhone for you to use any o2 or Tesco Mobile PAYG or Contract SIM Cards!

It is not currently possible to unlock the 1.1.2 iPhones to all network providers, but as soon as the solution becomes available it'll be sent to all of our customers along with tutorial and all required software.

as you can see the scamming website trys to scam money out of the
    people by convincing them that it works which it doesnt
    and one way i can tell is theres currently 2 or more "what's jailbreak"
    accounts. these people are

Pacote
    What's Jailbreak 1 post
    KmanOz
    What's Jailbreak 2 post
    ahmedbintariq
    What's Jailbreak 2 post

the list is growing
    Last edited by lolol801; 2007-12-03 at 07:09 PM.
    2007-12-03 07:06 PM
    I only have 1 post cause i bought my iphone days ago... why would i registered here if i didnt have an iphone?

And i got an 47 week so im just waiting for the unlock...

But i already fixed several iphone with NO SERVICE problema and unlocked another few...

2 other acconts of mine on 2 different boards

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showuser=65175

...and im a mod for Team-Xecuter

http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/member.php?u=97640

So please, STFU!!!
    Last edited by Pacote; 2007-12-03 at 07:38 PM.
    2007-12-03 07:33 PM
    as you can see the scamming website trys to scam money out of the
    people by convincing them that it works which it doesnt
    and one way i can tell is theres currently 2 or more "what's jailbreak"
    accounts. these people are

Pacote
    What's Jailbreak 1 post
    KmanOz
    What's Jailbreak 2 post
    ahmedbintariq
    What's Jailbreak 2 post

the list is growing
    Considering you also have the "Whats Jailbreak" tag, i wouldn't be making comments on how they are new. its not about post count its on how you can help the community.
    2007-12-03 08:54 PM
    Actually he is not wrong

Actually this is incorrect. The definition of an unlocked phone is a phone which can be used with any carrier, any SIM. And your description does not meet this criteria. Just because a phone can be used with different carriers under the same company (O2) does not mean its unlocked.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2007-12-03 09:01 PM
    Actually this is incorrect. The definition of an unlocked phone is a phone which can be used with any carrier, any SIM. And your description does not meet this criteria. Just because a phone can be used with different carriers under the same company (O2) does not mean its unlocked.
    Ok, so is not unlocked, but they dont lie either saying that it works with any sim...

At least they explain that much...

Either way selling free information is ********...i just wanted to point that they are probably not scamming people... probably who paid will get the software and support....
    2007-12-03 09:11 PM
    I'm sorry but what a lame way to get everybodies attention. Why claim its for an unlock for the otb 1.1.2? Why don't you test it yourself and you let us know if it works and then say "otb 1.1.2 unlock finally here"
    2007-12-04 12:41 AM
    Its BS
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..
    2007-12-04 07:49 AM
    do you have yo unlock your iphone if yo want to put apps on it or does unlocking your phone just come with the package.....
    2007-12-04 07:58 AM
    YOU dont have to UNLOCK to put APPS, you have to unlock to use a different sim card than (ATT, o2)
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..
    2007-12-04 11:37 AM
    This is fake, this guy is selling free software easily found in internet and the instructions he sends is the URL for http://www.unlock.no site.

Don't pay, i am having a problem to be refunded.
    2007-12-05 04:50 PM
    oo much hype in the initial headline. I mean you wake up and see OTB 1.12 unlock and get so gassed and then you click n read and are like WTF. The enthusiasm for info sharing is def appreciated but realize you're playing with emotions here.
    None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See
    2007-12-05 05:00 PM
    SCAM... they send you software and information that is free in internet, and can't unlock OTB phones with bootloader 4.6.

i am waiting a refund that never came!!!
    2007-12-23 02:49 PM
22 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD