ok, here's my situation:
    -i have a 8gb 1.1.4 iphone with at&t service, jailbroken with ziphone.
    -today i unlocked it with ziphone.
    -now if i put a t-mobile sim card in it, it says t-mobile at the top for like 40 seconds with no bars, and then it says no service. i dont know how to fix it, please help. thanks.
    yeaaa boyeee
    2008-06-27 12:09 AM
    Do a DFU retrore to 1.1.4. After the restore setup the phone as NEW

1. Connect to your computer, hold the power and home buttons down (the iphone will power off after about 10 seconds, but keep holding both buttons down)
    2. As soon as the iPhone powers off, (black screen) release the power button (but keep holding the home button down). (If you see the apple logo or connect to itunes logo you are not in DFU mode so try it again)
    3. After about 20 seconds or so, Itunes should see your iphone. It is now safe to release the home button, and your iPhone is in DFU mode.
    Now iTunes should ask you to restore its firmware. Restore to 1.1.4

Jailbreak with iliberty+
    2008-06-27 01:58 AM
    Step 4. Plug back into iTunes and set the phone up as NEW. (not from back-up)

@hiflyer - one day you'll get tired of typing all the DFU instructions out like me, haha.
    2008-06-27 02:14 AM
    i already knew about doing that, but i was hoping theres a way so i dont lose all the gazzillion apps i downloaded. is there any way to back up the apps, or another way to fix the problem without a restore? oh yea, if i restore as new, im gonna lose my contacts and pics and stuff, so i dont wanna do that.
    arghhhhhhh!
    yeaaa boyeee
    2008-06-27 03:21 AM
    find bootneuter in installer/cydia and try it
    2008-06-27 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD