I just purchased an 8GB iphone, the seller said it has been jailbroken and its currently using firmware 1.1.2 (3B48b). He gave me this card with a chip on it and told me to cut my sim in order to fit on this card and use my iphone unlocked, however id much rather software unlock it without modifying my sim. The model number is MA712LL if that makes any difference.

This is my first experience with the iphone, ive done some research but ive yet to find a clear answer

can i just run iLiberty on the phone in its current state? or do i need to do anything special?

would you recommend a program other then iLiberty in my situation?

Im running windows xp pro sp2 if that makes any difference

im in the process of downloading itunes for the first time so ill check back after thats done
    Last edited by GodfatherX; 2008-06-30 at 02:46 AM.
    2008-06-30 02:28 AM
    Welcome to MMi! First you need to remove the "chip" from your SIM card. Next plug into iTunes and hit RESTORE and let it upgrade to firmware 1.1.4. Finally you are correct to use iLiberty to jailbreak/unlock.
    2008-06-30 03:12 AM
    Welcome to MMi! First you need to remove the "chip" from your SIM card. Next plug into iTunes and hit RESTORE and let it upgrade to firmware 1.1.4. Finally you are correct to use iLiberty to jailbreak/unlock.
    so your saying not to use the "chip" thing he gave me, and just go to itunes and restore and upgrade to 1.1.4

heres what i have:

unmodified t mobile sim, and the chip sim thing he gave me

i dont need to go into recovery mode or anything to upgrade to 1.1.4 right?

and with it previously being jailbroken it wont brick it when i upgrade right?
    2008-06-30 04:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.