Here is my situation. I bought an iphone that is OTB 1.1.1 3.9 bootloader back in Nov 07. 4th 5th number is 40. I bought it to activate it and i did.

Now my aunt bought 2 iphone OTB 1.1.2 with 4.06 bootloader with the 4th and 5th of the serial with a 48 on both. So i went and downgraded both of them to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it to 1.1.2.

So first question is when i put my activated sim into these OTB 1.1.2 phone it works. This is not unlocked. Just jailbreak. I thought that sim is locked into my iphone and wont work any any iphones? My understanding is that my activated sim will work with any other phones but not iphones.

Okay now the other thing i did was took my Dads and Cousin's ATT sim card from there non iphone and put it into the OTB 1.1.2 4.06 bootloader Jailbroken iphone and it also works???? WTF!!! Did i figure something out? Or am i lucky? I also tried the anysim 1.2.1u and it says the phone could not be unlocked. I didnt get the successful screen, but it looks like its unlocked?

So am i just confused with what the word unlock means? Or does this sound like a legit unlock?
    2007-12-14 04:53 AM
    wow.....think a little bit. When u put an ATT sim into an ATT phone it will work. You did nothing of any sort.
    2007-12-14 05:08 AM
    wow.....think a little bit. When u put an ATT sim into an ATT phone it will work. You did nothing of any sort.
    Oh i thought you have to activate your iphone to make it work. So if i just would have jailbreak the iphone then i would have been able to use my old sim on the iphone? Then i would not have to pay for that extra 2 years?
    2007-12-14 05:21 AM
    Can you reboot the iPhone with the non iPhone SIM (and use it)? I didn't think it would work either! A boon for AT&T money savers.
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1
    2007-12-14 05:29 AM
    Can you reboot the iPhone with the non iPhone SIM (and use it)? I didn't think it would work either! A boon for AT&T money savers.
    I have only tried Att sims and not other carrier sims. I have tried with 2 non iphone Att sims and 1 activated iphone sim.

Both the Att non iphone sims works. Can make calls and recieve calls. Youtube works. I just dont know what is not suppose to work? Even EDGE works.
    Last edited by guc32; 2007-12-14 at 05:35 AM.
    2007-12-14 05:33 AM
    Oh i thought you have to activate your iphone to make it work. So if i just would have jailbreak the iphone then i would have been able to use my old sim on the iphone? Then i would not have to pay for that extra 2 years?
    If u could acess the home screen and play around with the phone and everything then then the phone was already activated...but if u just have the slide for emergency screen then the phon eis not activaeted
    2007-12-14 06:18 AM
    Are you serious!!!, so another AT&t card will work in our iphone??
    2007-12-14 06:19 AM
    If u could acess the home screen and play around with the phone and everything then then the phone was already activated...but if u just have the slide for emergency screen then the phon eis not activaeted
    So everyone should know this and not have to activate their iphones if they dont want to and pay that extra 2 years.

Alright. If previous Att owners want to use their iphones and not have to be on the iphone contract, then all you have to do is Jailbreak your iphone and pop in your old Att sim and you can use it.

Is that ever stated anywhere so people know?
    2007-12-14 06:30 AM
    Are you serious!!!, so another AT&t card will work in our iphone??
    Hell yeah, this is the way it is, well known that it works. OOB 1.1.2 phones can be "hacked" to work with your AT&T SIM card even if you don't have "iPhone" plan.
    This is no news, sorry.
    2007-12-14 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD