I have a 1.1.2 iPhone that I want to unlock but it seems as if the only unlock methods currently available are for iPhones that have already been unlocked and activated running 1.1.1 or later. Is anyone working on an unlock method for out of the box 1.1.2 iPhones? It's been some time since 1.1.2 was released and there are rumors 1.1.3 is not too far away. I HATE AT&T but LOVE the iPhone.

Thanks.
    2007-12-19 09:28 PM
    Searching the forums before your first post = priceless
    2007-12-19 09:35 PM
    I have a 1.1.2 iPhone that I want to unlock but it seems as if the only unlock methods currently available are for iPhones that have already been unlocked and activated running 1.1.1 or later. Is anyone working on an unlock method for out of the box 1.1.2 iPhones? It's been some time since 1.1.2 was released and there are rumors 1.1.3 is not too far away. I HATE AT&T but LOVE the iPhone.

Thanks.
    As per the numerous redundant threads on the subject. No, you can't unlock an OTB 1.1.2, yes the Dev Team and others are working on it. If and when its accomplished, it'll be front page news.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2007-12-19 09:35 PM
    Thank god you asked!

I mean the DEV Team & co have all been sitting playing solitare on their computers.. but now that your the FIRST person to ask they have decided to work on it, but because ONLY YOU have asked they are only going to spend 5 minutes a week on it.

Maybe now that YOU have asked for an unlock solution we may get one... in fact the reason we haven't had an unlock is no one thought to ask !!!!

On this note: can we have a special IP ban for the people that are too intellectual for this board such as this OP ??
    2007-12-19 10:09 PM
    If the "Dev" team had a clue on how to accomplish this, it would have been done by now. The questions, while annoying, are a manifestation of the growing dissatisfaction of the iPhone modding community. Well not all of them. Those with the pre week 45 iPhones are quite satisfied to make fun of the frustrated ones.

I dont think the so called "Devs" are ever going to crack this and I suspect the more knowledgable people arind here believe this too. There is a growing frustration.

I got one of those TurboSim like cards and am going to stop concerning myself with the defeated "Devs". They did very well but lets face it, they have been thwarted by Steve Jobs once and for all.

Dont shoot the messenger.
    2007-12-19 10:20 PM
    I dont think the so called "Devs" are ever going to crack this and I suspect the more knowledgable people arind here believe this too. There is a growing frustration.
    Careful I remember when firmware 2.01 was "impossible to downgrade" and eventually you could upgrade to a newer FW and exploit it. Never say never
    2007-12-19 11:00 PM
    Thank god you asked!

I mean the DEV Team & co have all been sitting playing solitare on their computers.. but now that your the FIRST person to ask they have decided to work on it, but because ONLY YOU have asked they are only going to spend 5 minutes a week on it.

Maybe now that YOU have asked for an unlock solution we may get one... in fact the reason we haven't had an unlock is no one thought to ask !!!!

On this note: can we have a special IP ban for the people that are too intellectual for this board such as this OP ??
    LOL.
    2007-12-19 11:03 PM
    Yes the Dev Team is working on it, it's not easy stuff and really, i know its taking a while but if your that impatient go and get a TurboSIM.
    2007-12-20 12:35 AM
    I did and if the "devs" ever crack the bootloader, I will sell it and get back to unlocking.

2007-12-20 03:35 AM
    hey guys, do u kno if this site is a scam or if it actualy works? I have an OTB iphone 1.1.2, i jus wanna activate features of it until it can be unlocked.
    Thx

http://www.iphoneunlocktoday.com/
    2007-12-21 09:11 PM
    hey guys, do u kno if this site is a scam or if it actualy works? I have an OTB iphone 1.1.2, i jus wanna activate features of it until it can be unlocked.
    Thx

http://www.iphoneunlocktoday.com/
    Did you see on the website where it says "Please Note: OTB 1.1.2 iPhones can't be fully unlocked."
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2007-12-21 09:23 PM
    yes i realize that, im sayin i would like to use features on iphone such as wifi, or ipod until the full unlock is available. My question was if any1 knows if that site is a scam or if it is reliable.
    2007-12-21 09:59 PM
    Actually, you can do this yourself. The guides here are very helpful. But in answer to your question, I would think this site is probably legit but not having gone there myself I cant say for sure. The method of "activating" a 1.1.2 iPhone is fairly easy so I dont see why they would be scamming you.
    2007-12-21 10:09 PM
    Well yeah their working on it. But when is it going to come out!!
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..
    2007-12-21 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD