Some of you people sound like one of my ex girlfriends...

Bish, bish, bish (I'm sure you're smart enough to substitute letters; )

You guys got the iphone with 1.1.2. You KNEW (ok, most of you, some of you were just plain ignorant, but thats still no excuse), the 1.1.2 Firmware was unlockable at the time you got your shiny new phone. The dev team didn't coerce you into buying it. They didn't twist your arm into buying it.

The Dev team does NOT owe anyone an unlock. As mentioned before, they were gracious with their time and experience, but some of you kids took that to mean you're entitled to an unlock. If the dev team unlocks 1.1.2, good for them. If they don't, they've still done a ton more than most of us have ever done, when it comes to the iPhone unlocking process. So go get your sippy juice, calm down, and quit your whining!

1.1.2 unlock will be here when it gets here. Keep pissing and moaning, the Dev team might just say "to hell with it", and quit.

Ofcourse, you could just activate it on AT&T, and use your new phone.
    Last edited by Digital Oxygen; 2007-12-25 at 11:56 PM.
    Search NAZI
    2007-12-25 11:53 PM
    yo guys, what does it bring to you by whining like a lil bi***, you bought the phone, as most of us did, because we wanted it. now stop posting sh** and pissing of the devteam. and if you cant wait well den sell your phone or buy a turbosim or any sim. it doesnt help posting more n more things like this.

if you have anything helpful for further unlock process fine if not why wasting time for all those stupid posts ?
    2007-12-26 12:17 AM
    Stop whining about when is a 1.1.2 OTB unlock gonna come it will come out.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..
    2007-12-26 09:03 AM
    people shouldnt QQ over the fact that we got no unlock for the new bootloader !! cuz wen it does come out , u will feel pretty stupid for talking all that smack about the dev team being this and that !! i ordered the hyper card cuz i wanted a dual sim adapter !! it does sucks that we have 2 pay 80+$ for somthing that cost 2$ to make !! now what the dev team could do if they dont get a unlock software for 1.1.2 and this is just a suggestion , im asuming that they have the knowledge to do that , is to make a guide or just plain sell themselves a sim adapter that works like turbo sim etc ... for the cost price !! that way people would get 2 use theire new iphones !! that been said , thank you to all the dev team for all the work they did so far ... they doin it for FREE !! u cant give em crap if they dont succeed !! we must always suport the hackers in the world !! that's how we do the revolution these days !!

ps: pardon my spelling my first language isint english!! i live in canada so cant at&t it up !!
    2007-12-26 09:49 AM
    Waaaaaaaaa Waaaaaaaaa... Sub at&t on a pay as you go and have fun. English is myfirst laguage and I cant speak or spell it right either..lol I have a razr 2 on aplan and I use the iphone for fun and games. If this dev team does anything I could care less. I am happy playing with the dern thing.. Now where is my sippy cup and crayons?
    2007-12-26 10:15 AM
    whats the site again?
    2007-12-26 10:18 AM
    You guys need more patients.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..
    2007-12-26 10:55 AM
    whats the site again?
    ??????? who is the DEV team.
    2007-12-27 05:45 AM
    The Process (1.1.2 Out of Box): frth

Step 1: If you are on this step you have an Out of Box iPhone with firmware 1.1.2. Enter recovery mode on your iPhone by holding the power and home buttons until the "connect to iTunes" picture appears. Once iTunes recognizes your iPhone, shift-click on "Restore" and navigate to your 1.1.1 Firmware (download here). Allow iTunes to downgrade your 1.1.2 firmware to 1.1.1. When finished iTunes should give you error #1015.

IF YOU HAVE VISTA! and you experience troubles with iBrickr... On Windows Vista iBrickr will only work after a restart and it will only work once. Restart your computer and open iBrickr and you should be good to go. However, if you close out of iBrickr, you will need to restart again.

Step 2: If you are on this step you have just downgraded your Out of Box iPhone to firmware 1.1.1 and gotten error #1015. Open iBrickr (download here). One of the options it will give you will say something similar to "reboot phone" (I haven't done this myself but I will as soon as I can and let people know). Click on "reboot phone" (or the similar command) and iBrickr will attempt to reboot your phone. Activate your iPhone through iTunes after it has booted up (at this point don't worry about having no service, it will come back when we upgrade to 1.1.2 again).

Step 3: If you are on this step you have an activated iPhone running firmware 1.1.1. Visit www.jailbreakme.com URL on your iPhone (you need WiFi to do this as the Edge network won't be working). Click "Install AppSnapp". Your iPhone will navigate to another page and briefly show a blue square in the upper corner before Safari crashes. At this point a status HUD should pop-up and display the status of the jailbreak. If you do not see this status HUD, go back to www.jailbreakme.com and try it again. After a successful jailbreak, your iPhone will soft-restart and you will see Installer.app on your homescreen. At this point I find it's best to do a manual restart (hold the power button until the "slide to power off" slider appears. Slide it off, then hold the power button until the iPhone starts back up). This step is optional though.

Step 4: If you are on this step, you have a jailbroken (if you have Installer.app, you are jailbroken) iPhone running 1.1.1 firmware. Click on Installer on you iPhone homescreen and allow it to check and refresh your sources. If necessary, update Installer (you will see an Installer update in the update tab in Installer if this is necessary). Under the Install tab, navigate to Tweaks (1.1.1) > OktoPrep and download OktoPrep. After the download, click the home button and allow the iPhone to soft-restart. Back in iTunes, shift-click on "Upgrade" (NOT RESTORE!) and navigate to your 1.1.2 Firmware (download here). If iTunes is already prompting you to upgrade to 1.1.2 it is not necessary to shift-click...simply click "Upgrade" and allow your iPhone to be upgraded (NOTE: if you do this, iTunes will automatically download the firmware taking around 5 mins at broadband speeds).

Step 5: If you are on this step, you have an iPhone at the activation screen running firmware 1.1.2 and had installed OktoPrep on 1.1.1 before upgrading. Close out of iTunes. Unzip and open the folder containing the 1.1.2 Jailbreak (download here). Double-click on windows.bat and hit enter when Command Prompt pops up. A Java window will pop up (I would suggest to check "Install SSH" but that's up to you). Click Jailbreak! A progress bar will pop up and Command Prompt will start displaying code. Let the program run (it should take under 10 minutes). After it's finished it will say "Done! Reboot your device (it will automatically reboot once after you do so)". And wala! JAILBROKEN. Now install SimFree on the phone.

For osx users:
    USE INDEPENDENCE INSTEAD OF IBRICKR
    Last edited by cybergeek2021; 2007-12-27 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Forgot something
    Like what you see... Click on the "Thanks" Button!
    2007-12-27 06:47 AM
    Ok jerky you unlock it tonight well be waiting tomorrow ok, i wont but hey u get the point
    2007-12-27 06:56 AM
    it works!!!!!!!!
    Like what you see... Click on the "Thanks" Button!
    2007-12-27 06:58 AM
    for the record i havnt bought an iPhone because im not a stupid idiot who thinks they are cool for currently having a more expensive iPod Touch, my entire point is that the dev team should atleast update there website more than once a month, it just makes them look bad, if they are stumped and cant unlock it just ******* say so, its not that hard.
    2007-12-28 07:32 AM
    Hey, Who all are complaining dont have sense that what it takes to develop some thing. is it a cup of coffie then make it for your self. The dev team are not responding because they are busy finding solution of some lazy crew.

I am dev too and know what it costs to do some RnD, I bricked 4 iphones trying to downgrade from 4.06 to 3.9.

Do you think your donation make them earn for there family, no they just do it for you.

Well if you just want to complain better go out and sought loud.
    2007-12-28 12:10 PM
    i think the whole idea of having the iphone locked to ATT is b.s!! and apple is even dummer for signing a contract with them ... they could have sold a lot more phones if they could of been unlocked! and the only reason no body have came up with a new method is bc apple is bribing them!
    2007-12-28 12:12 PM
    Bribing them? If it's anything like that, I think the words you're looking for is "threatening them". I mean, look at mmi. they had to change the name because of a nasty letter from apple. The owners of these forums weren't bribed to change the name, of this I'm sure.
    Search NAZI
    2007-12-28 12:14 PM
    for the record i havnt bought an iPhone because im not a stupid idiot who thinks they are cool for currently having a more expensive iPod Touch, my entire point is that the dev team should atleast update there website more than once a month, it just makes them look bad, if they are stumped and cant unlock it just ******* say so, its not that hard.
    They should update their website? Why, do they answer to you? You think they care about your opinion? The previous posters are correct, the Dev Team are simply working class guys who do this in their spare time. They don't get paid for helping you out, it's not their "job" to find an unlock solution for you, they do it for kicks. You're lucky they provide a website at all.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2007-12-28 03:15 PM
    Well when I want an update I check here:
    http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dgzw9xs_0gfhxns

And there is an update
    Update:
    As of December 27, 2007 it is NOT YET POSSIBLE to unlock Out-of-box 1.1.2 iPhones from USA or Europe yet. We are waiting for Apple to release the next firmware update (possibly 1.1.3) to get a new hardware access key that will allow us to write the modified bootloader into the phone's memory.

The iPhone hackers are working hard on the new unlock and as far as I know they have already found the right places to modify in the bootloader to unlock the phone. Just as I said before: we are waiting for Apple to release a new firmware update before the unlock can be released to the broad public.
    Granted it is the same thing everyone keeps saying, but at least someone has come around to saying that everything is the same with a current date which is nice.

And it isn't the dev team, but iPhone elite. But who cares, confirmation that they have a way to unlock is always nice.
    2007-12-28 04:28 PM
    The dev -Team is a group of first class fellas. In fact I sent another 50$ donation just a few minutes ago. When the dev-Team gets the needed info from the fw upgrade they will smile down on us and give us an unlock. Dev-team=Gods in my book..

I found a pic of two members of the dev-team

Last edited by rodinman; 2007-12-28 at 04:50 PM.
    2007-12-28 04:35 PM
    Guys the team hasn't failed, they are waiting for the new firmware, they can't do anything else without it, they have lives to remember...
    2007-12-28 05:11 PM
    The dev -Team is a group of first class fellas. In fact I sent another 50$ donation just a few minutes ago.
    u want a badge or something?

Guys the team hasn't failed, they are waiting for the new firmware, they can't do anything else without it, they have lives to remember...
    and what will and update do. Apple knows that the dev team failed with the 4.06 bootloader so why would they change it? The dev folder will most likely not be changed with the new update
    Last edited by fat x nub; 2007-12-29 at 12:28 AM.
    2007-12-28 07:31 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD