User Tag List

Hi,

I sent my iPhone to the people at www.iphoneunlockuk.com after a recommendation from a friend. I am in the UK but oth myself and my friend got our iPhones from America at the same time. I spoke to the guy there and he has said he thinks there may be a fault with my phone. I've got it back now, and it appears that he's unlocked it to some degree. I can get to the springboard menu ok. But when I check the General -> About Menu I have the following:

Version: 1.0.2 (1C28)
    Model: MA712
    WiFi Address: <BLANK>
    Bluetooth: 00:00:00:00:00:00
    IMEI: <BLANK>
    ICCID: <BLANK>
    Modem Firmware: <BLANK>

Should I just take this guy's word that the phone is fkd and write off the money I've paid for it? Or can anyone tell me that they've had this same scenario and managed to sort it?

Yours in last hope...

JohnnyC
    2007-12-31 01:22 PM
    Fİrst : İf you havent got wifi , you can not jailbreak on 1.1.1.
    What You have to do?
    Downgrade to 1.0.2 and use winstaller or app tapp to jailbreak your iphone and try to flash the baseband again with the terminal.
    But i think this is what they( www.iphoneunlockuk.com) have done because your version seems to be Version: 1.0.2 now.(if it is not 1.0.2 before)

Try these written guides on http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18864
    http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13255

Good Luck.
    Last edited by abc12345; 2007-12-31 at 02:45 PM.
    2007-12-31 02:43 PM
    No, you should take it back and have him fix it, because he likely did the damage himself. Or have your friend pay the cost, since he recommended the guy to you.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2007-12-31 03:00 PM
    Thanks for your replies guys.

I spoke with the guy and he said that it was likely that I broke the iPhone trying to unlock it myself. So that one could go on forever. My friend gave me the advice in good faith as he was able to get his unlocked by this guy.

I've no problem admitting that it could have been me that broke it. But what I'm wondering is, if I have broken it, is it beyond fixing?

Like I mentioned, I have access to the springboard, and the iPod part seems to work etc so really I'm just wondering whether it's worthwhile spending more time on it. I.E. whether anyone with technical knowledge of the iPhone can tell me if it's destined for the bin!
    2008-01-04 09:57 AM
    It may not be broken beyond repair. Try the guides linked by abc12345 that is the best advice.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.
    2008-01-04 11:01 AM
    If you're in the UK send it to me and i'll fix it for you.

Or I'll buy if from you for 150
    To live, you have to lie
    2008-01-04 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD