Hi guys,

I have a 2G ziphoned 1.1.4 JB & unlocked handset but have read far to many problems occuring down the line with ziphone and have already started to experience the odd wifi issue here and there.

Therefore...I am going to restore using itunes to 1.1.4 and the winpwn it with custom firmware.

Can anyone please tell me which options out of these I should be selecting as the baseband has been downgraded to 3.9 by ziphone

Activate Phone = Will be needed as restore will re-lock it?
    Enable Baseband Update = ?
    Neuter Bootloader = ?
    Update bootloader = Do I need to upgrade it to 4.6 from my current 3.9?
    Unlock Baseband = ?
    Auto Delete Bootneuter.app = ?

Any help would be appreciated please. I have read the walkthroughs but they dont go into any detail about what the individual options do and if I would need them.

Thanks all!
    2008-07-16 04:49 PM
    Use activate, Enable baseband update, neuter bootloader, stay at 3.9, unlock baseband, Auto delete is up to you.
    2008-07-16 05:17 PM
    Excellent. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated

Also, do I need to restore my phone using itunes before doing the winpwn method or can I just kick it straight off? If I do need to restore with itunes then do I need to put it into DFU mode first or just connect and click restore?

Thanks again!
    Last edited by PhatEd; 2008-07-16 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-16 05:23 PM
    I have been searching for days and I haven't found an answer. Is there a way to fix the WIFI issue (not greyed out, pingable but no internet) caused by ZiPhone?
    2008-07-17 05:42 AM
    Also, are you able to tell me why I should leave my bootloader at 3.9 and not upgrade to 4.6?

Cheers
    2008-07-17 09:05 AM
    hey guys i have a question i'm kinda a noob with the iphone. i jailbreak and unlock it with ziphone back when it first came out.. i didnt know that there were better ways to unlock it like winpwn and ilibretyx.. so my question is when winpwn 2.0 comes out and i want to upgrade to 2.0. the jailbreak/unlock with the ziphone software affect me jailbreak/unlocking it with 2.0?
    2008-07-17 08:43 PM
    As far as I'm aware you will just need to DFU restore to 1.1.4 and then use winpwn to upgrade to 2.0 but i'm sure there will be full instructions when the pwange 2.0 tool is released. Unfortunately though it looks like were going to have to wait for a little while for the pc version to be released by the DEV team.

Man...a trip to the apple store is looking very tempting! 24" iMac...I do think so

Can anyone tell me why I should keep the 3.9 bootloader when going to winpwn after ziphone as stated above?

Why not 4.6?

Thanks
    Last edited by PhatEd; 2008-07-18 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-18 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD