I'm pretty stumped on how to skip the activation. This isnt for me. Its a brand new phone. We're trying to use this phone for use in the Philippines. So I'm going to need to use a different sim. I've checked all the threads, I seen one thread on how to skip activation, but it required the ip of da phone, which I can only figure out once the phone is activated. ANy help?
    2008-01-06 03:21 PM
    i have the same problem
    even i dont have the original sim card along with me and all the guides say make sure the original sim is inserted in order to activate it

how should we activate the iphone when we dont have an original sim ? i.e no at&t sim card
    2008-01-06 03:38 PM
    i also have the same probelem, in a way

i got an iphone 2g off ebay and i do not want the data pakage.

i need to skip the activation and put in my old at&t simcard and use all the regular features of the iphone(exept those using the internet)

help please
    2008-11-20 05:41 AM
    i also have the same probelem, in a way

i got an iphone 2g off ebay and i do not want the data pakage.

i need to skip the activation and put in my old at&t simcard and use all the regular features of the iphone(exept those using the internet)

help please
    All you do is place your old simcard in and let itunes setup as "new phone"....I promise it wont do anything but activate the phone.

However, no matter how you activate....ATT can see your using an iphone because the IMEI will be sent over their network to them....and sooner or later they will force you to add the iphone data package.
    2008-11-20 05:46 AM
    ok cpjr. now something i have to ask....if im getting my iphone 2g in the mail and i dont even have an att sim card to activate with (only a tmobile one) how am i gonna get it activated?
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2008-11-20 06:40 AM
    ^^Restore it using a custom FW file created from Pwnage. Or un Pwnage yourself....it will "hacktivate" the phone.

Or...most likely since its a used iphone you got 1 of 2 things:

1. If it was unlocked before...all you gotta do is throw your sim in it.

2. If its NOT unlocked, you gotta do the custom FW anyways.
    2008-11-20 06:55 AM
    cool cool. i was familiar with the "hacktivate" method but from your post here it seemed a little scary ya know. im getting it soon. AND i landed the 5.99 t mobile web so F WORD yeah!! (the guy at tmobile was impressed with my ipod...so he put it in as a mistake saying i already had it, just wasnt put into the system.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2008-11-20 07:16 AM
    i am confused i have a phone but my sim is tmobile so T-Mobile shows in the corner but itunes says its not supported. How do i go ahead to unlock the phone manually. there are no icons just the usb and itunes icon on the screen? please walk me thru it Thanks soo much!
    2008-11-22 06:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD