Hi guys, i just obtained an unlocked 1.0.2 iphone. I've been doing some reading online about jailbreaking and stuff so i'm really excited about tweaking this fine piece of technology.

However, i need some advice before i get started, lest i screw up and brick the phone. I avoided upgrading my phone's firmware to 1.1.2 thinking that i might have to unlock the phone if i do so (i didn't personally unlock this phone, it was bought unlocked).

#Q1: Should i update firmware to 1.1.2 and will doing cause me to have to unlock again?

#Q2: Assuming updating firmware to 1.1.2 will not cause me to have to unlock the phone, what should steps should i take to achieve a jailbroken iphone?

Please advise, Thanks! I look forward to a real awesome time learning from you guys
    2008-01-08 12:32 AM
    [B]i unlocked my i phone to new version 1.1.2 bootloader 4.6 in SALSAPEEL SHOP for mobile fix in egypt dokki 02020106102664 or 0202 33355578
    Last edited by mohamed_yasin; 2008-01-08 at 01:20 AM.
    2008-01-08 01:17 AM
    hey yasin, sorry but i'm totally new to this so could you say that once over but this time with some elaboration?

Also it seems that you did the updating of firmware in a shop. I was wondering if anyone could advise me on how to do this at home. Thanks!
    __________________________________________________ _________________________
    hey guys, i just went ahead with the jailbreaking guide by sidetalker and its gone bad.

As per the guide, i updated the firmware to 1.1.1. However, since my 1.0.2 had previously been unlocked, updating to 1.1.1 meant my iphone became locked up again and my non-AT&T simcard which is currently in my iphone is useless.

After doing some reading, i went on to restore my phone to 1.0.2 hoping to start over and 'virginize' the phone before starting the process.

However, i keep getting Error: The iphone cannot be restored. Unknown error 1013

I'm now stuck in restore mode with a yellow exclamation mark on the iphone display saying 'Please connect to itunes'

Please help, I have no clue how to proceed from here. Is my phone unusable?

Thanks.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    Hello again, after doing some reading online, i used apptapp to reach the 'activate iphone connect to itunes' screen. However, the apptapp seemed to have some bug as it was jammed at a certain file for quite a long time. Below is the log:

"Using Firmware Version 1.0.2
    Skipping download
    Extracting the file 009-7698-4.dmg from CDocuments and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates\iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw to CDOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\AppTapp
    Extracting the file kernelcache.release.s5l8900xrb from CDocuments and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates\iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw to CDOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\AppTapp
    Extrating temporary files
    Output folder: CDOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\AppTapp
    Extract: QTMLClient.dll
    Extract: iTunesMobileDevice.dll
    Extract: DisplayOrder.plist
    Extract: Services.plist
    Extract: fstab
    Extract: iphonecomm.exe
    Extract: libarmfp.dylib
    Output folder: CDOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\AppTapp\Installer. app
    Extract: Default.png
    Extract: Info.plist
    Extract: Installer
    Extract: ditto
    Extract: icon.png
    Extract: newpackage.png
    Extract: package.png
    Extract: source.png
    Extract: trusted.png
    Extract: updates.aiff
    Output folder: CDOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\AppTapp\Installer. app\InstallerPlugin.webplugin
    Extract: Info.plist
    Extract: InstallerPlugin
    Stopping iTunesHelper
    iPhoneComm
    Output folder: CDOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\AppTapp
    Transferring files to your iPhone, this could take several minutes.
    Execute: iphonecomm.exe -d 009-7698-4.dmg -c kernelcache.release.s5l8900xrb"
    Apptapp was jammed at this last file. I waited more than 10mins but the file didnt seem to load into iphone ie; progress bar didnt finish. So i closed apptapp.

Now this is where i am. Stuck with a 1.0.2 locked iphone still in 'activate iphone' screen, which had been unlocked before (probably in china). I do not know what method they used so i am at a loss at what step to do next because web guides kinda need you to know the history of the tweaking done with the phone.

Is there anyway i can fix this! I hope to achieve firmware 1.1.1+ unlocked(duh) and jailbreaked iphone. Somebody help! Thanks!
    Last edited by pravien; 2008-01-08 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-08 07:23 PM
    try using i democracy
    from http://code.google.com/p/idemocracy/
    for a fully automated process
    2008-01-13 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD