i bought a next sim set up off of eBay, it doesn't work. followed the simple 5 step instructions had 1.1.2 already installed on a older iPhone which was upgraded regularly. I downgraded to 1.1.1 oktoprep then upgraded and unlocked on 1.1.2 and installed iworld installed the card and nothing....

any one have any idea on how to fix this problem or anything i cant stand this,,,

thanks

Robert
    2008-01-08 09:38 AM
    do you have some photos of this next sim?

What exactly is it saying? No Service? No Sim??

etc
    2008-01-08 10:20 AM
    It said invalid sim connect to iTunes. It recognizes that there is a sim and that its tmobile it just doesn't allow me to use the phone. When I go to contacts it shows the new sim card number and when I go to phone in settings it show the tmobile number it even show a option to choose carriers in settings but it doesn't allow me to choose carrier I will post screen shots as soon as I can.
    2008-01-08 12:13 PM
    I would like to try few of thoose Next Sims...Anyone having them in Europe?
    2008-01-08 01:42 PM
    anyone have any photos of these NextSIMS or links to them? Alot of sellers on ebay are describing their products as NextSIM, Hyper Card, TurboSIM etc all for the same product... So I am sort of really curious what these NextSIM Cards are all about.
    2008-01-08 06:05 PM
    Well I can sell to Europe for US$65

www.NextSIM.com.au

A3 Australia
    2008-01-08 06:56 PM
    hell yeah it work for an hour or so!i bought mine form ebay,i guess i have to wait until the software unlock comes out,what a waste of money it was
    beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2008-01-09 12:48 AM
    your situation may be unique... did you try to realign the card? reboot phone etc?

contact the dealer? dispute with paypal ?
    2008-01-09 02:22 AM
    Eh i don't know what to do know wait for a software unlock thats not gonna come out in ages or get this which isn't 100% gonna work. HONESTLY if the DEV team failed why don't they say so instead of pretending they are doing something....

But i didn't say they HAVE failed.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..
    2008-01-09 08:19 AM
    I followed every last instruction did everything as instructed and no luck but i have a 1 gen software iphone does that make all the difference?

these are the photos of what the card looks like and what happens when i go into settings.... I have a option to choose carriers but cant actually choose, it shows that it recognizes the number as shown but will not work, and the carrier option pops up when the card is installed with the next sim
    Last edited by A_SWELLGUY; 2008-01-09 at 09:19 AM.
    2008-01-09 09:03 AM
    Stick your sim to the next sim with tape. Thats should help.
    2008-01-09 09:26 AM
    i use NExt SIM v2 with No Prob on TMobile
    2008-01-09 11:25 AM
    I'm thinking of getting iphone simfreer. I hear its the best one for value and performance.
    2008-01-09 11:39 AM
    yowiphone: too many choices to make up ones mind eh? lol

A_SWELLGUY: Have you tried different simcards? Some older sims have issues now and again. Do you have any photos of your sim that you cut? cover up serials if you must but, that may be helpful.

Also what does your reseller say when you contact them?
    2008-01-09 03:12 PM
    tried it all! no luck not with anysim, not with next caca, nothing seems to work!....
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx
    2008-01-10 08:44 PM
    TRY stealthsim.
    2008-01-11 12:19 AM
    tried it all! no luck not with anysim, not with next caca, nothing seems to work!....
    i had the exact same problem, according to your pictures. i solved it by literally restoring and rejailbreaking the phone about...4 or 5 times, the last time with the tmobile sim and stealthsim inside the phone while i'm rejailbreaking and it just worked. i don't know how or why it was different the last time but it just worked. my "stealthsim" looks like yours, called an iturbosim.

i know it's a pain having to go through the process that many times, but perhaps it'll help?
    2008-01-11 07:26 PM
    Maybe defected? I heard NextSIM has two version. NextSIM II, only supports US phones while NextSIM III supports all models. However, much more expensive.

Try www.everysim.com... It supports all US / Europe phones and it works well. And it's cheaper!!
    2008-01-12 08:56 AM
    had to restore the baseband and modem firmware... I was helped by bigboss who not only walked me through my issue but pulled a all nighter with the process until it was done. he is a key figure in and on this site please pay your respects thank the hell outta this guy he know his $h!+.... seriously! i dont know how to thank him.... im just waiting for the email to paypal this guy!

thanks
    RObert
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx
    2008-01-12 10:48 AM
    Hi, I have the same problem with my nextsim. how did you restore the baseband and modem firmware?

thanks

Stephen
    2008-01-12 11:59 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD