I found an iphone on the ground kinda rough shape screen is cracked i called atat and they nevr got back to me so i think im just gonna keep it unless someone contacts me. It has a lock code on it though any way to get around this and reformat it ?
    2008-01-09 10:51 PM
    try putting it in restore mode, while connected to itunes, make sure phone is off and hold the power button and the home button (square one at the bottom) for about 20 seconds then let go of the power button but keep hold of the home button, the phone should go into restore mode you will know because the iphone will turn on and display the connection and itunes icon and itunes will also say the sdevice is in restore mode.... hit restore in itunes and away you go...

but restoring the phone will probabally unactivate it, just follow the activate and jailbreak guides to sort that out.

p.s lucky sod.
    2008-01-09 11:07 PM
    www.cnn.cn for all your iPhone replacement needs.
    2008-01-09 11:21 PM
    Im not calling you a liar or anything but that story sounds fishy, sounds like stollen phone to me hopefully not by you, my phone hasent left my side since i got it, i just cant see someone loosing their phone......
    "when u loose your dog you get out there and find that [email protected]&king dog!!!!"
    Billy Maddison
    sorry couldnt refuse
    2008-01-09 11:45 PM
    Contact Apple and keep pressuring AT&T, that lock doesn't come off i have it on mine. Do the right thing and go to the local police even if you have to, you'll be rewarded. If not i say if you don't try 110% to get it back to the owner and keep it yourself, i'll call you a thief.
    2008-01-09 11:49 PM
    put it in DFU mode and restore it.
    2008-01-09 11:56 PM
    not putting in full effort to finding the owner of something you find does not make you a thief
    2008-01-10 12:10 AM
    apple CAN look up to see who the original owner is, if you have an Apple store near you, just go and they will look up the serial number and try and contact the owner.
    2008-01-10 12:18 AM
    why would he lie honeslty my case broke off my belt clip on the train and some one left me a meaasge and returned it to me there are good people out there
    2008-01-10 01:34 AM
    maybe its an OTB and the guy got so pissed at Apple and the iphone cuz he couldnt unlock it.

so he threw in on the ground.

maybe he doesn't want it back.

lol
    2008-01-10 02:02 AM
    maybe its an OTB and the guy got so pissed at Apple and the iphone cuz he couldnt unlock it.

so he threw in on the ground.

maybe he doesn't want it back.

lol

LOL!! probably what happened
    2008-01-10 05:41 AM
    I lost my iphone with a Lock Code on it in the mall of america... well i didnt lose it some -----r stole it out of my hands and ran with it threw the mall on a sunday it had a lock code and i hope he its too stupid to figure out how to remove the lock code but what an idiot i must have called it a couple hundred time offering 5,6 hundred dollers for its safe return but no go.... hes prolly too poor to even get cell phone service for the phone. thats my only sigh of relief so now hes got a 8 gb locked ipod... it will make for some good door stop or if you lose the puck in air hockey lol
    2008-01-10 06:42 AM
    maybe roger found the phone after the evil thief got frustrated with it and threw it on the ground...

that really sucks, hope you get your phone back...
    2008-01-10 06:49 AM
    I lost my iphone with a Lock Code on it in the mall of america... well i didnt lose it some -----r stole it out of my hands and ran with it threw the mall on a sunday it had a lock code and i hope he its too stupid to figure out how to remove the lock code but what an idiot i must have called it a couple hundred time offering 5,6 hundred dollers for its safe return but no go.... hes prolly too poor to even get cell phone service for the phone. thats my only sigh of relief so now hes got a 8 gb locked ipod... it will make for some good door stop or if you lose the puck in air hockey lol
    looks like that ------r might have dropped the iphone while running away from you, it will be funny if you lock code can unlock the iphone he found.
    2008-01-10 07:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD