I have an OTB 1.1.2 and am patiently waiting for a way to activate it in Canada. I have faith in all those tech people that know way more then I do on this matter. (Keep up the good work) However, my curiosity was tickled by these “stealth” sim cards. TurboSIM, StealthSIM ect.

Most websites say they work great IF you can get your hands on one. When I was originally looking into unlocking the iPhone I recall reading about one of these “stealth” sim cards killing the battery. (At that point I had no idea what they were.) I don’t mean drain it faster but drain it for good. Unfortunately I can’t recall the site. Does anyone have info on this or is it just something my overworked brain came up with?
    2008-01-11 05:32 AM
    Perhaps an older model did? I've been using mine for three weeks now and i have seen no effect on my battery
    2008-01-11 05:49 AM
    what about next sim version2? do you have any info on that? i'm about to get mine these days and i wanna make sure i'm not breaking my iphone
    1.1.2 + next sim --> 1.1.3 ZiPhoned--> 1.1.4 (Ziphone) --> 2.0.1 (winpwn)--> 2.1 (quickpwn)
    www.boioglu.ro/tag/iphone
    2008-01-11 06:59 AM
    Ive been using my iPhone on rogers canada with stealthsim for a month now and no change in the battery life so far. I think the only way u can actualy damage ur phone with the stealthsim is when u fit it in, or try to get it out... personnaly I had so much trouble fiting it in I won't ever try to get it out of there unless I have to ship it to apple for X reason..
    2008-01-11 07:59 AM
    No problem at all
    I've been using my stealth sim in Mexico without any problem. No bettery or any other issues. I agree with Gotmilk it's hard to putting in, you have to be careful, but itsn't impossible. Aftef that, works instantly.
    I bought mine at eBay, it's expenssive buts it's working.
    2008-01-11 03:36 PM
    ive never had a problem with batteries being killed.. ive put in MANY of these cards.

The battery life sort of sucks on these things... but hey running all the apps / games on that big screen is bound to take up a heck of alot of your battery.

If in the very unlikely event you have a problem with a stealthSIM and your battery let me know and Ill be glad to help you out... (with battery replacements etc.)
    2008-01-11 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD