Hi,

I have a problem that someone must have experienced before and I have searched the forum for answers and believe I have tried everything, here goes:

I bought an iPhone from ebay which was bought in the US and unlocked (dont know how) and was on version 1.1.1 about 2 months ago, everything was fine, I put my Vodafone Uk sim into it and it functioned perfectly, could make calls and edge worked a treat, full wifi, you tube etc, a fully functional phone.
    Then one day I turn the phone on and it was dispaying 'No Service' where the signal strength used to be, now and then it would show some strength bars (but never the Vodafone text scroller) and when I tried to make a call it would just fail every time. I have now tried to downgrade, revirginize, upgrade and unlock but still have the same problem 'No Service'. I have many SIMs to test with but none are working, has anyone seen this problem before? Do you know how I can get my phone back?

Current state;

Bootloader 3.9
    Firmware 1.1.1
    Modem Firmware 04.01.13_G
    IMEI is intact
    Network Not available
    AnySIM installed and run once by me, said it worked, but nothing.

Cheers in advance for your help.
    Iain
    2008-01-12 12:56 PM
    Hi imclean, The iphone shows "NO SERVICE" without any reason That means big problem. I had 1 iphone came from my friend. He told me the same problem you have now.The iphone Shows NO SERVICE. I have tried all the fix in the web. There is no help at all.

Here is the link http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10461 . I fixed my another friend's iphone.Simcard is in shows NO SERVICE. The Simcard is out the IMEI# shows 01130000706xxx. It is fine. it can be fixed.If take out the Simcard then reboot. Go check the IMEI #, it Shows the # is 0049000xxx even the Simcard out that means it can not be fixed or by luck you can. Try the link above.
    2008-01-13 06:58 AM
    buy a stealth sim from bigboss it works better than anysim in my opinion i hava 4gb thats unlocked and it runs fine but you always run the risk of screwing up modem firmware, and your baseloader, I also have a 8gb that is running a aftermarket sim attachment that is similar to stealh and i love it i dont have to revirginize i dont have to do anything but jailbreak and if you have unlocked and failed you know how much easier it is to just jailbreak and pop in a sim attatchment.
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx
    2008-01-13 10:35 AM
    I bought an iPhone from ebay which was bought in the US and unlocked (dont know how) and was on version 1.1.1 about 2 months ago, everything was fine, I put my Vodafone Uk sim into it and it functioned perfectly, could make calls and edge worked a treat, full wifi, you tube etc, a fully functional phone.
    Then one day I turn the phone on and it was dispaying 'No Service' where the signal strength used to be, now and then it would show some strength bars (but never the Vodafone text scroller) and when I tried to make a call it would just fail every time. I have now tried to downgrade, revirginize, upgrade and unlock but still have the same problem 'No Service'. I have many SIMs to test with but none are working, has anyone seen this problem before? Do you know how I can get my phone back?
    I'm sorry to say, but I think you need to warranty your phone. There is nothing "normal" that can go wrong that will cause your phone to go from working one day to dead. It sounds like you already did the downgrade/virginize etc which are the only long-shot steps you could try in this situation. Find some way to get it exchanged. If you are in USA, this is easy. If you're not, you are screwed.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.
    2008-01-13 10:43 AM
    Yeah I thought it might be screwed, bit of a shame as everything else works a treat, unfortunately I am in the UK, but I have read the warranty and it doesn't mention anything about which apple shop to return it to? Will I just revirginize it before sending it back?

Thanks for your help.
    Iain
    2008-01-13 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD