Hi,

I seem to have an uncommon issue with my iphone.
    It's a US 1.1.1 that I unlocked without any problem. I use it in Belgium, sync my contacts & agenda, even photos, no problem.

But when I try to drag & drop music (or compatible movies) in iTunes, it does not work !!
    I simply cannot add any, I don't have the 'green +' when I drag & drop.

That's a real bummer.

Can anybody help please ?

BR

Nick
    2008-01-12 04:35 PM
    Where are you attempting to drag and drop to?

You can't drop onto the iPhone. You must sync playlists. Make a playlist and the drag the music onto that.

Use the tabs in iTunes to select the movies and playlists you want to sync.
    2008-01-12 07:24 PM
    Hi Rip,

thanx for your precision but that's actually what I'm doing.
    I meant drag&drop within iTunes and not at file manager level.
    I'm doing the very same as my other iPods (including a hacked iPod Touch) but it does not work with the iPhone.

That must be a lock somewhere in the file system ...

Regs

Nick
    2008-01-12 07:50 PM
    Can you post a screen shot of your iphone attached to itunes and how you are dragging and dropping?
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.
    2008-01-12 08:42 PM
    I did mean to say you can't drag and drop onto the iPhone in iTunes.

Music is managed with playlist and movies from the tabs when your phone is ready for sync.
    2008-01-13 12:56 AM
    OK OK OK, I think I do look a bit stupid here ...

I wanna thank you for your help because I had not understood hat it was different from all other ipod so I kept trying like before.
    Even with my ex-Ipod Touch it was not this way (if I remember correctly).
    This change is not specifically lucky because it makes loading music ore complex but that's not the topic.

HOWEVER, this does not fix my problem with the videos.
    I have one that I could load onto my iPod Touch & watch without any problem that still does not sync with my iPhone.

So I guess I still need a bit of your help for that. Any idea ??

Thanx again !

Nick
    2008-01-14 10:00 PM
    Hello, I've been having the same problem eversince I had my iphone unlocked & jailbroken. Everything syncs normally like music & photos but now I can't sync my movies. I have been using dvd2ipod software (1 click dvd). Before, I just click & drag my movies into the movies tab and then sync, but now when I click & drag it does nothing. What can be done at this point? Thank you.
    2009-02-21 09:00 PM
    If you rip the files yourself (provided the format is correct and playable by iPhone) - i think they would end up in the Videos, not Movies in iTunes.
    Have you checked that?
    2009-02-25 12:46 AM
    I am finally able to put movies into my iphone, I have read a thread about it in this forum. Fakedave if you're still having problems syncing your movies, here's what I did that worked.

In Itunes, go into "Movies" click on File, then click "add to library" then the movies you want to sync.

Thanks kompuntu for replying to my post!

Then on the Videos tab, put Checkmarks on the movies you want to sync, click SYNC and that should do it. Before I was able to drag & drop my movies but not anymore. Let me know if this helps.
    2009-03-02 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD