Ok thanks for viewing this guys and gals. My names Brian and I was just given an Iphone as a gift due to the on/off button being jammed in. Well i managed to fix that and the button is working fine. Now I've done some research and realized in order to get the "best" out of the iphone id have to unlock and jailbreak it to get more applications and such. Now i dont know what model iphone it is, all i know is that its an 8gb (lol..that was easy to find out).

My question to you all is this:

I've downgraded to 1.1.4 and used the "do it all" feature on Ziphone..which i assume would unlock, jailbreak, and activate it. Now i read places that after i have done all that, I can simply swap sim cards and use it on my iphone. I currently have a T-Mobile Sidekick lx..and i tried to swap sim cards and it doesnt work. Any ideas why?

I've search around the forums, as i didnt wanna double or triple post the same things over and over again..but i wasnt able to stumble upon anything

All help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
    2008-07-23 07:01 PM
    If you have installer add the iclarified source and the download bootneuter and run it.

Then reset your phone.

If that doesn't work, download winpwn from winpwn.com and run that.

After you pwn the phone you can update to 1.2.0 if you want. (using the shift restore method, itunes 7.7 and one of the modified ipsw's floating around the forum)
    2008-07-23 07:04 PM
    i do have the installer, how do i exactly "add" the iclarified source and the download bottneuter and run it?

ok i was messing around in the installer and if i click "Sources" iclarrified is alread there..but i dont know about the bootneuter
    Last edited by Splitta1; 2008-07-23 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-23 07:29 PM
    has anyone run into this problem before?
    2008-08-02 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD