Well i wanted to upgrade my already unlocked iphone which was running on 1.1.4. perfectly fine. I saw that winpwn had a way to upgrade it so i went ahead and downloaded the newest winpwn 2.0.0.3. I went through the whole tutorial and my phone came out bricked. So i tried Ziphone to unbrick it, then i tried iliberty+ to unbrick it and i tried another winpwn tutorial this time with bootneuter2.0 at the end of it which successfully flashed the baseband but it still came out bricked at the end. So none of them worked for me. This is what i get at my start up screen. If anyone is willing to help me with this problem id appreciate it. If you need more info on the tutorials programs or the phone itself let me know.

2008-07-27 12:44 AM
    Well i wanted to upgrade my already unlocked iphone which was running on 1.1.4. perfectly fine. I saw that winpwn had a way to upgrade it so i went ahead and downloaded the newest winpwn 2.0.0.3. I went through the whole tutorial and my phone came out bricked. So i tried Ziphone to unbrick it, then i tried iliberty+ to unbrick it and i tried another winpwn tutorial this time with bootneuter2.0 at the end of it which successfully flashed the baseband but it still came out bricked at the end. So none of them worked for me. This is what i get at my start up screen. If anyone is willing to help me with this problem id appreciate it. If you need more info on the tutorials programs or the phone itself let me know.

Throw it into DFU and restore it.
    2008-07-27 12:47 AM
    Forgot to say i tried that also. I send it into DFU restore and upgrade and it sends me to the same screen as before.
    2008-07-27 12:57 AM
    Forgot to say i tried that also. I send it into DFU restore and upgrade and it sends me to the same screen as before.
    Open itunes and put the phone in dfu mode. you will here the bumbum and the iphone will be a black screen.

hold shift and click restore use a clean firmware if you like you can download 114 from here be sure to download the correct F/W file (ie) "iPhone 1.1.4 Firmware".

Do not do a upgrade --> do a restore.

Hope this helps.
    2008-07-27 01:20 AM
    Thanks for the help, but it didnt work. I did what you said and it gave me the error below.
    2008-07-27 01:49 AM
    Thanks for the help, but it didnt work. I did what you said and it gave me the error below.

Ok your getting somewhere.

What version of iTunes you using?

If its not 7 then update it. and try again.
    2008-07-27 01:52 AM
    Well i already had the newest one which was 7.7. But i followed the instructions here to fix the problem.
    Apple: Fix for error 1601 or 1602 When Restoring iPhone in iTunes - iPhone Atlas

Then i tried it again and still the same error =(

Thanks a lot for the help but i fixed it. I re ran winpwn and i just selected activate phone under the features. This activated the phone and made everything work.
    Last edited by lilv99x; 2008-07-27 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-27 02:54 AM
    If your downgrading to version 1.1.4, you can not use itunes version 7.7..you will need to downgrade to version 7.5
    2008-07-27 03:06 AM
    2008-07-27 03:12 AM
    Well i already had the newest one which was 7.7. But i followed the instructions here to fix the problem.
    Apple: Fix for error 1601 or 1602 When Restoring iPhone in iTunes - iPhone Atlas

Then i tried it again and still the same error =(

Thanks a lot for the help but i fixed it. I re ran winpwn and i just selected activate phone under the features. This activated the phone and made everything work.
    Glad to see you got it worked out.
    2008-07-27 03:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD