Okay, so I originally got my iPhone with a 1.0.2 firmware. This was before there were any unlockers, so when they started coming out, I waited until a free one came along and finally used iUnlock, I think. Then 1.1.1 came out and I upgraded to that after jailbreaking. I had already had a Prepaid SIM Card for AT&T in my iPhone from 1.0.2, and when I upgraded to 1.1.1 it still worked. So now I am wanting to use the 1.1.3 jailbreak that just came out but I don't know if my iPhone is unlocked or not. I also want to use the LocateMe, but that requires upddating the baseband, which makes it impossible to unlock in the future. Would this be safe to do if mine is already unlocked (I think)? also, would a prepaid SIM still work (make calls, texts) with the latest baseband? Or would no SIM in there still let me use the iPhone? When I put a T-Mobile SIM card in my iPhone it says that the card is an incorrect SIM and that you have to use an authorized one, and then in the top it says No Service. So is that unlocked or locked? Also, if it is unlocked, would it mess up my phone completely if I jailbreaked to 1.1.3? Thanks in advance!
    2008-01-25 04:53 AM
    If you have unlocked your phone with a Software Solution then its only partially unlocked

I wouldn't risk a possible 1.1.3 unlock before its been confirmed working with a real 100% Jailbreak

Try looking at other posts similar to yours

One plus is that your bootloader is 3.9 so you can downgrade if it stuffs up

However this may take considerable time......
    2008-01-25 05:48 AM
    i dont mind if 1.1.3 messes up my unlock as long as i can still eventually use it with an official AT&T SIM. if i upgraded, would it break the unlock? would it break the phone part so i wouldn't be able to call even with an official AT&T SIM?

So is it safe to upgrade with jailbreak without losing the ability to use the phone features with an official AT&T SIM?
    Last edited by upsguy27; 2008-01-26 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-26 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD