Just to let everyone know, and i'm sorry if its already been posted, but i have just updated my 1.1.2 OTB uk iphone via the jailbreak upgrade process leaked by natetrue. Before the upgrade i had done the o2 PAYG unlock hack on my 1.1.2, and it remained after the unlock, and works fine with my o2 PAYG sim.

Thanks,
    james
    2008-01-25 06:59 PM
    Just to let everyone know, and i'm sorry if its already been posted, but i have just updated my 1.1.2 OTB uk iphone via the jailbreak upgrade process leaked by natetrue. Before the upgrade i had done the o2 PAYG unlock hack on my 1.1.2, and it remained after the unlock, and works fine with my o2 PAYG sim.

Thanks,
    james
    hi... sorry but can u give us more details about this hack please?
    thanx
    2008-01-25 07:17 PM
    I used this method on 1.1.2 otb to use any o2 sim (inc. PAYG):

Quote from Dilinator
    Now we can use ANY O2 SIM with this special lockdownd file courtesy of Callx! THANK YOU!:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/69520380...ownd_1_1_2.zip

(Taken from http://modmyi.com/forums/showthr...t=15752&page=3)

Now, if you enabled SSH like I told you to and can remember the password. Open up an FTP client that can handle SFTP. Two freeware ones I can recommend are:

Filezilla

and

WinSCP

just google them, they're pretty easy to find.

Now, go into the FTP client and type in the IP address of the iPhone, which should be in prefs: (back in the contacts menu) You can get to this using the methods outlined in step 2.

Go to wireless settings and touch the little blue arrow on the right which will display the IP settings.

Paste it into whatever FTP client you are using. In WinSCP you select the SFTP protocol and in Filezilla, make sure the port is 22.

If you used the defaults then the username is root and the password is alpine.

Once logged in, go to the base directory, (/). Then, go to user and the libexec.

I recommend backing up the lockdownd file (copy to hard drive and rename lockdownd-Backup or similar).

Then, copy the modded lockdownd provided to that directory, overwriting. Then, change permissions so that the file has permissions 755. In WinSCP you should be able to go to file properties and type in 0755 and in Filezilla it should be 755 in file attributes.

Then, reboot (hold sleep button for 5 seconds and slide to power down) and it should work!
    Then once you have done that and it is working simply use the published jailbreak/upgrade guide to install 1.1.3. This is the guide i used:

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=604

Hope this helps,
    james
    2008-01-25 07:31 PM
    i have 1.1.2 OTB that is already upgraded to 1.1.3, and this method didnt work for me... does this mean i have to start all over again, and use this method when am on 1.1.2? or is there any other soultion?
    2008-01-26 10:58 AM
    no i wouldn't try downgrading and starting again. I tried it (because my phone content could not be read by itunes, however this problem ocurred in 1.1.2 before i even attempted to upgrade so nothing to do with the jailbreak). however now i accidentally upgraded to 1.1.3 and as a result have the new baseband. i should have upgraded using the jailbreak method, but for some reason i did not.

james
    Last edited by jameselder232; 2008-02-13 at 09:00 PM.
    2008-01-26 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD