i was upgrading and jailbreaking 1.1.2 and i was running anysim to allow my fido sim card to work on the iphone. it was unsuccessful so i tried it the second time running anysim but this time the anysim program was loading and it got stucked. so i reset my iphone by pressing home and the top left button. When i tried to turn it back on, the black background with the apple sign showed up like it normally should. however, everything stops here and gets stuck. Please help me! your help is greatly appreciated.

update:
    i was successful in putting it into recovery mode and it requires itune to restore the iphone. i tried restoring with 1.1.2 firmware. however, it says that there is an unknown error has occured as it tries to restore.
    Last edited by zbtung; 2008-01-26 at 12:51 PM.
    2008-01-26 11:49 AM
    How did you manage to put it in restoring mode? I have the same problem, freezed with the black background with the apple logo, and I can't go anywhere from here.
    2008-01-26 03:57 PM
    same here it goes to the black background wit the apple logo stays there for a while then resets and starts again
    2008-01-26 10:01 PM
    same here it goes to the black background wit the apple logo stays there for a while then resets and starts again
    The best and easiest way to get the iphone into recovery mode is to connect it to your PC / MAC with itunes open. Then hold down the sleep/wake button and the home button to together. You will then notice that iTunes starts to recognise it and you have iTunes logo on your iPhone.

This can take anything between 15 - 30 seconds if the phone is switched on.

This works for me everytime regardless of firmware version.
    2008-01-27 07:37 AM
    Has someone found out what to do?

In my case iTunes recognizes it as soon as it restarts, then looses it's connection.
    Holding home button and sleep/wake button only switches off the iPhone.
    2008-02-11 04:00 PM
    I had the same problem. I connected to itunes, pres the home and sleep/wake button until the screen goes black. Then itunes detected and I did the restore.

note: otb 1.1.2 jailbroken and unlocked with geohot thru iclarified installer.
    My iphone went into this state, when I tried to to upgrade to dev's jailbroken 1.1.3
    2008-02-11 07:20 PM
    I had this same problem while using Ibrick on windows XP, when it went wrong. As I was updating it with Ibrick it stopped, it then went into recoverly state, however that fail. It continuesly restarting only getting to the logo then scolling information, i then followed the information to get the iphone into recovery state, then itunes restored my lovely iphone and settings

Thank you for the help
    Last edited by jonnywinn; 2008-04-15 at 09:36 PM.
    2008-04-15 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD