First Im a complete noob. I bought this phone used. When powered up I only have a screen to make emergency calls..? Secondly How do I check sw, fw versions? And lastly how do I restore if Itunes wont acknowledge the device? Do I need to get a att sim card before I can do a tmobile mod? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks
    2008-08-06 01:46 AM
    Welcome to the forums. Ok... the picture on the screen should have a cord and an iTunes logo. If the end of the cord is the USB end that plugs into the computer then it's on 2.0 (research pwnage). If the end of the cord is the end that would plug into the iPhone then you're on 1.1.4 or below (research iLiberty).
    2008-08-06 01:51 AM
    I was able to complete the restore and update, 1.12 I beleive it said. Still faced with the same screen however of emergency calls only. Did attempt to download iliberty. The creaters site has half the page missing and other links i have found were invalid. Is this my next step Iliberty? If so could you post a link? Greatly appreciated! Thanks for your last responce!!
    2008-08-06 02:22 AM
    I would do a search and find a copy of 2.0 firmware not 2.0.1 Then find Pwnage tool for Mac or WinPwn for PC and update your phone to 2.0 and pwn it and unlock it.
    Dirty as I wanna be!
    2008-08-06 03:03 AM
    Ok thanks for all the help I used Iexplore+ and now rock a tmobile Iphone. I already had the 599 plan on my old phone but need the settings to make it work for iphone. Any takers on some help. Sorry in advance for my noob self.
    2008-08-07 02:06 AM
    Anyone have a link to guide for the unlocking a non 3g to tmobile?
    2008-08-10 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD