hey
    my iphone was running on firmware version 1.1.1
    i decided to upgrade to 1.1.3 coz im an idiot.....anyway the upgrade didnt work....my phone got bricked and doesnt restore to any firware now....
    what happened was this....i upgraded to 1.1.3 using the special 1.1.3 ibrickr and 1.1.3 soft upgrade method
    when it didnt work (i got the usb cable with an arrow pointing towards itunes image) i went on itunes and restored the phone from there.....without pressing and holding shift so im guessing it restored to 1.1.3 again.....then the phone got restored and said emergency calls only and itunes said i have an illegal sim or whatever...
    after which i downloaded ibrickr v 0.91 to try and restore the phone to 1.0.2 by clicking on the begin downgrade to firmware 1.0.2
    i tried a couple of times and it didnt work.....so i clicked on the boot the phone if u dont know whats happening option...i thought the problem finally got solved when the phone started to boot but then it went into a cycle where it kept restarting and booting over and over.....and by booting i mean it looks like the phone is in dos mode or something.....lines of white text keep scrolling down rapidly.
    it boots....(white text lines) for a while then goes blank and then the gey apple logo comes up for about 5 seconds and then the boot process starts again.....white text lines thingy......keeps happening over and over and over....
    im freaking out right now....somebody help.....wats going on....
    i figure if i can get the phone to be read by itunes at least i can do something about it....but that isnt happening either.....neither is ibrickr detecting the phone.....
    so now ive left the phone on to drain its battery completely.....i thought id let itunes start that phone....might work.....but im skeptical....

please SOMEONE help.....im VERY VERY paranoid right now...!!!!!

2008-01-27 03:20 AM
    Ok, what you have done is essentially restored to 1.1.3 from the regular 1.1.3 off of itunes. 1.1.3 has a modem firmware upgrade which is detecting your sim as illegal. You can't directly downgrade from 1.1.3 because of this firmware modem version upgrade. You need to do this with 1.0.2 (there is a tutorial on the site here). You need to get the phone into restore mode. You should be able to do it the way you have always done. (Look at DFU mode in on the forums if you don't know how). you are probably fine, just get it into restore mode and start with the 1.0.2 from there.

Good luck!

P.S. You have enough smilies for about 5000 posts. I think you are scaring people away. try to use less next time
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-01-27 03:29 AM
    lol...
    sorry about the smilies.....just freaked out.....i thought i lost my phone for good...i still think its gone though....
    i tried restoring it to 1.0.2 it didnt work.....
    ill try ur method now....hopefully it should work.....
    and if it does....ill be sure to hit thank you as many times as i put in smileys!!

i tried searching....but honestly i didnt know what i was looking for....
    i dont know what a dfu is....so if u could fill me in and probably point me in the right direction id be super gratefull....

also i read up and realized that i need to start from 1.0.2
    but problem is i cant get the phone to start up.....it keeps booting and restarting....
    that whole text thing i explained in the first post keeps happening....it looks like windows 95 is booting up....or like when u used to install those really old dos games....
    it looks just like that....and it keeps happening over and over.....how do i get that to stop happening and itunes to detect the phone....???
    sorry if im asking the same question again.....and if the answer to this is dfu's....im very lost and very paranoid....
    Last edited by damien6; 2008-01-27 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-27 12:39 PM
    DFU is restore mode. Plug the phone into a power source. Hold down home button and power button. Apple will come on, apple will go off (keep holding), apple will come on, now let go of power but STILL HOLD HOME until the iphone cable and the world show up on your screen. You are now in DFU (restore) mode. Hopefully you can get to this point, from which restoring is a breeze.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-01-27 12:45 PM
    Hi sziklassy, I m new here n hv somewhat the same problem and desperately need help !

Hv a frmware 1.0.2 which I accidentally restored to factory default mode when i set it on itunes ( v7.3.2) earlier....When I realised it, I put it back to itunes to sync it back but itunes doesn't recognise my fone cos there is now a later version...I then downloaded itunes v7.5 which can't read my fone either cos it can't recognise my sim card ( SH )...Please advise how I can restore my fone back up again to 1.0.2 or upgrade it to 1.1.2 which is compatible with itunes v7.5...

Your help is very much appreciated. thanks
    2008-01-27 01:53 PM
    hey
    my iphone was running on firmware version 1.1.1
    i decided to upgrade to 1.1.3 coz im an idiot.....anyway the upgrade didnt work....my phone got bricked and doesnt restore to any firware now....
    what happened was this....i upgraded to 1.1.3 using the special 1.1.3 ibrickr and 1.1.3 soft upgrade method
    when it didnt work (i got the usb cable with an arrow pointing towards itunes image) i went on itunes and restored the phone from there.....without pressing and holding shift so im guessing it restored to 1.1.3 again.....then the phone got restored and said emergency calls only and itunes said i have an illegal sim or whatever...
    after which i downloaded ibrickr v 0.91 to try and restore the phone to 1.0.2 by clicking on the begin downgrade to firmware 1.0.2
    i tried a couple of times and it didnt work.....so i clicked on the boot the phone if u dont know whats happening option...i thought the problem finally got solved when the phone started to boot but then it went into a cycle where it kept restarting and booting over and over.....and by booting i mean it looks like the phone is in dos mode or something.....lines of white text keep scrolling down rapidly.
    it boots....(white text lines) for a while then goes blank and then the gey apple logo comes up for about 5 seconds and then the boot process starts again.....white text lines thingy......keeps happening over and over and over....
    im freaking out right now....somebody help.....wats going on....
    i figure if i can get the phone to be read by itunes at least i can do something about it....but that isnt happening either.....neither is ibrickr detecting the phone.....
    so now ive left the phone on to drain its battery completely.....i thought id let itunes start that phone....might work.....but im skeptical....

please SOMEONE help.....im VERY VERY paranoid right now...!!!!!

i have exactly the same problem,,, can any one help us downgrade the bootloader in easy way??
    thanks
    2008-01-27 02:22 PM
    It Works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2008-01-27 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD