User Tag List

Been at this for a couple days now. Basically I had a jailbroken/unlocked 1.1.1 working perfect. I wanted to upgrade to 1.1.3 for the new features. I followed a guide to get it to 1.1.2 and basically didnt use oktoprep before hand.

my own stupid error.

I downgraded reset the baseband to the 1.1.1 baseband and anySIM wouldnt unlock it, saying it cant unlock the phone. So I tried going to 1.0.2 to try to virginize, but couldnt get out of the yellow arrow screen, even with apptap. Upgraded to 1.1.1 again and do the old *#307# and goto jailbreakme, but it wont jailbreak. Just goes back to the activate screen and sits there, no restart.

Any ideas? Am I just screwed til they unlock 1.1.3?

Of course ANY help would be greatly apeciated

So basically, I just got into installer again and ran the virginizer scripts, and got an error message halfway through saying an error....now I have no wifi and it says iphone damaged www.apple.com/support

doesnt look too good. Bricked? Or can someone save my ***?
    Last edited by MattyEL; 2008-01-31 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-31 06:13 AM
    Ive unlocked like 5 phones in the last 24 hours, and I ran into this problem. Dont worry! I ran into the same problems, with certain software not doing my reboots, anysim not working, etc etc etc. I just suggest getting different software. I used the jailbreak112 kit when ibrickr wouldnt work, or vice versa, etc etc etc.

What you CAN do is this.

I know a lot of online tutorials say that after you downgrade the baseband to REINSTALL 1.1.1. I didnt and got no problems. I did restart the phone though, so that the changes were recognized. My most important tip is that when you downgrade the baseband, make sure that it is a version listed on the first screen in AnySIM. Also, dont use the virginizer in installer. Just use the Baseband downgrade. They can be found at i.unlock.no

Once you have 1.1.1 unlocked, use the ibrickr113 special edition to do the soft upgrade. It takes about an hour, but I havent had ANY problems at all using this method. Please let me know how this works out for you

Ive unlocked like 5 phones in the last 24 hours, and I ran into this problem. Dont worry! I ran into the same problems, with certain software not doing my reboots, anysim not working, etc etc etc. I just suggest getting different software. I used the jailbreak112 kit when ibrickr wouldnt work, or vice versa, etc etc etc.

What you CAN do is this.

I know a lot of online tutorials say that after you downgrade the baseband to REINSTALL 1.1.1. I didnt and got no problems. I did restart the phone though, so that the changes were recognized. My most important tip is that when you downgrade the baseband, make sure that it is a version listed on the first screen in AnySIM. Also, dont use the virginizer in installer. Just use the Baseband downgrade. They can be found at i.unlock.no

Once you have 1.1.1 unlocked, use the ibrickr113 special edition to do the soft upgrade. It takes about an hour, but I havent had ANY problems at all using this method. Please let me know how this works out for you
    Last edited by frankydabull; 2008-01-31 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-31 06:21 AM
    1. try restoring back to 1.1.2 den downgrade back to 1.1.1 using recovery mode... it will giv you "error 1015" so juz use independence for mac or ibrckr for windows to kick it off recovery mode...

2. you'll be at the activation screnn den juz dial *#307# den call it will ring... dn delete n dial 0 and it will ring again with "1" trying to call you... answer, put it on hold, unhold it and den decline the call... this will bring you to the MobilePhone app...

3. create a new contact and make 2 url's for the contact respectively "prefs://" & "jailbreakme.com" both without quotations... den save the contact...

4. tap prefs:// and it will bring you to your settings... connect to a wifi hotspot and go to general and set autolock to never.... press the home button and this bring back to the activation screen... juz dial 0 and again do wat u did b4 to go to the MobilePhone app...

5. Now tap jailbreakme.com and use appsnapp to jailbreak your phone... the phone will lock up and should reboot after its done and now you have jailbroken 1.1.1 phone... first add "hackthatphone.com/1.xml" on to ur sources for installer...

6. Install BSD Subsystem and den go to the Hack That Phone Tools den install "anySim 1.2.1u"...

7. Put in the sim card that you are gonna use for the phone then launch anysim... follow the instructions and if it goes smoothly u now hav a 1.1.1 unlocked again with 1.1.2 baseband... uninstall any sim then install OKtoprep and UPDATE to 1.1.2...

9. Once its done updating... you can jailbreak the phone again... you can find the jailbreak in this link http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html

10. juz double click on windows.bat if your on windows or on jailbreak.jar if on a mac... it will launch the app, close itunes and click jailbreak...

11. it shud be done in around 5 mins. and it will reboot by itself... if you find your phone getting stuck on recovery mode juz close itunes and use either independence or ibricker again...

12. now you have a jailbroken/unlocked 1.1.2 phone... juz follow the steps/instructions for the 1.1.3 upgrade and your all set...

Hope this helps you with your problem...^_^
    Last edited by xanthus86; 2008-01-31 at 06:34 AM.
    2008-01-31 06:32 AM
    frankydabull : Thank you for response, just another question.... you went from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 with the special ibrikr and it remained unlocked?
    2008-01-31 06:50 AM

What you CAN do is this.

2008-01-31 06:52 AM
    xanthus86: thank you for your reply too,

I've "thanked" both of you
    2008-01-31 06:59 AM
    its no problem... hope my post can really help you if not ill look more into it...
    2008-01-31 07:02 AM
    Someone needs to make a youtube on downgrading baseband/boot loader.
    2008-01-31 08:41 AM
    Yea, going to 1.1.3 saved the unlock from AnySim
    2008-01-31 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD