So for her bday I got her a week 42 OTB 1.1.1 iphone that was already unlocked, and she accidentally upgraded it to 1.1.3, which locked the phone again. I read about a week ago that it can be downgraded back to 1.1.1 but the phone functions don't work. Is it possible yet to downgrade and unlock this phone?

It was a pain in the butt to obtain that phone already unlocked (loong story), so I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and learn to unlock it myself...
    2008-02-05 11:00 AM
    So for her bday I got her a week 42 OTB 1.1.1 iphone that was already unlocked, and she accidentally upgraded it to 1.1.3, which locked the phone again. I read about a week ago that it can be downgraded back to 1.1.1 but the phone functions don't work. Is it possible yet to downgrade and unlock this phone?

It was a pain in the butt to obtain that phone already unlocked (loong story), so I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and learn to unlock it myself...
    I'm pretty sure you can downgrade this phone back to 1.1.1 and unlock. Search for the exact details but the process will probably go something like:

Downgrade to 1.1.1, jailbreak, downgrade baseband, restore again to 1.1.1, jailbreak, AnySIM 1.2, working iPhone
    2008-02-05 12:31 PM

ok this is what u need to do 1st..."accidentally" hit her over the head....the downgrade ur phone to 1.1.1 & jailbreak with jai1brealme.c0m... the add i.unlock.no to ur source go down to unlock that phone and install BB downgrader....
    2008-02-05 05:50 PM
    u cannot downgrade the baseband on a itunes upgraded 1.13 (because the bootloader was updated to 4.6 with itunes upgrade). You cannot downgrade your baseband using software with a 4.6 bootloader. right now, you're SOL. I am in the same situation. You ahve to wait until a new hack comes out for this exact situation.
    2008-02-05 07:22 PM
    guide for accidental upgrade to 1.1.3:
    http://www.hackthatphone.com/113/iph...grade_113.html

have fun
    2008-02-05 07:35 PM
    haha seriously, I was soooo frustrated when she told me. I was quiet on the phone w/ her, but I was cussing my head off and was pretty red when I was off the phone w/ her. lol

So is the procedure pretty hard? That guide makes it look pretty simple and straightforward, but I've tried flashing some Nokias in the past, and it was anything but. Is the risk of messing up the phone pretty high, because if it is, maybe I'll just wait until some Craigslist folks around here start offering up services...

Thanks for the info guys!

*edit1
    I'm just going to go for it and follow the guide :noes:
    Wish me luck

*edit2
    Hmm, it looked like it worked, but then I stuck my TMob sim chip in and it didn't seem to work =/

*edit3
    Just tried it again, generally following the same steps and it WORKED!!! Thanks for the help guys!!!!!
    Last edited by jdub88; 2008-02-06 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-02-06 12:30 PM
    u cannot downgrade the baseband on a itunes upgraded 1.13 (because the bootloader was updated to 4.6 with itunes upgrade). You cannot downgrade your baseband using software with a 4.6 bootloader. right now, you're SOL. I am in the same situation. You ahve to wait until a new hack comes out for this exact situation.
    How do you know itunes upgraded the bootloader?
    To live, you have to lie
    2008-02-06 01:42 PM
    Hi! I think I have similar problems.I had an activated iphone with next-sim. Unfortunately my son made a restore or update on iTunes--accidentally--and it locked... From than I made everything I can--I dont want to go in details-- but, you know I went crazy a couple of times. So the situation -today-is that we unlock the phone on the firmware 04.03.13 G, version:1.1.1. BUT we can't upgrade to 1.1.2 with any jailbreak method/ the Spider-Foot was the best but from upgrade 1.1.2 the program could not able to make the jailbreak. A window shows up with: plug your iphone to pc or make a restart end try it again. Does not work. So the iPod function is ok, but I cannot make the phone capabilities at all. Any sim does not work. Is there anybody out there who can help up us? Because it worked there must be a solution. My son is continuously crying
    Thanx,
    palfiata
    2008-02-06 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD