My question is if I got to the apple store and I don't activate my iphone can i downgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it?
    2008-02-09 03:29 PM
    My question is if I got to the apple store and I don't activate my iphone can i downgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak it?
    yes, follow step 1 all the way to last step. And you should be able to have a unlock 1.1.3

Carrier: Tmobile
    Apple iPhone 8gb : FW 1.1.2 Unlocked
    EDGE: $5.99 Tzones Plan
    Email: YES
    SAFARI: YES
    MAP: YES
    YouTube: YES
    WEATHER: YES
    STOCKS: YES
    2008-02-09 06:28 PM
    I can confirm this unlock works for OTB 1.1.2 and it allows you to use ANY SIMCARD YOU WANT! I am currently sending and receiving texts and calls from ORANGE using a contract sim card! - GeoHot is the man - the dev team are shocking for not finding this months ago!
    hi, just curious. did u install iworld after unlocking the phone to get and receive calls and sms messages or was it all up and ready when u put your sim card (orange)? thanks in advance

im just wondering since i live in the philippines and am planning to buy a 16gb iphone myself.
    2008-02-09 07:43 PM
    it didn't work for me, now i'm stuck in recovery. i had a 1.1.2 OTB then unlocked with geohotz method. the phone was fine at 1.1.2 with t-moblie. then i updated to 1.1.3 using the dev method with my at&t sim inside. everything went fine, i was able to make calls with until i put in the t-mobile sim. the phone went to recovery mode but i can still see the t-mobile logo on the upper left corner. so, i decided to put in my at&t sim again but this it didn't work and went into recovery mode and i'm still able to see at&t logo on the upper left hand. so, now i connected the phone to itunes and it said something is wrong with my phone and to take it to the apple store. IMEI is fine. i also tried to enter *#0307# to see if i can around it, no luck...still in recovery mode. how do i get out of recovery? thanks in advance.
    Use iBrickr to boot your iphone back to normal mode.

2008-02-09 10:26 PM
    Ok, so I got up until the end of step 4 where it says run 1.1.2 JAILBREAK and when i click on the jailbreak executable jar file it says AN UNRECOVERABLE ERROR WAS ENCOUNTERED. What do I do to jailbreak the phone and proceed to step 5
    2008-02-10 12:58 AM
    ok for some reason or another i get a main script error message... i followed every step in step 5 and i am going on 10 min... it says searching at the top, and the time is working but i have not seen the unlocked message
    2008-02-10 02:53 AM
    This is a repost from another forum I frequent. That many here might also be experiencing.

When downgrading firmware iTunes is giving an error code of 1 & 1015.

The error code of one is because you have not put the phone in proper DFU mode to downgrade. This has nothing to do with iTunes version and has only come up especially when downgrading from 1.1.3

Here is how to properly put your phone in DFU:

This is how to achieve DFU mode. You can do it on every phone:
    Attach the phone to the pc
    Turn the phone off
    Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
    Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
    At no point will the display come on. Now your restore should work.

When you finish you will get an error code of 1015 this is normal but you will not be able to boot the phone. Try any tool iPhuc, iNdependence, iBricker etc etc. The phone will still be in recovery mode boot loop.

Do a second restore using the option key on mac or shift key on windows.

After your second restore is finished you can close iTunes & boot you phone with iNdependence or iBricker.

This affects all iPhones regardless of bootloader and especially FW 1.1.3 downgrade. It has nothing to do with iTunes version or mac or pc. I have tested this on mac & pc in several different operating systems.

Unless you dont put iPhone in proper DFU mode you will get error code 1 on a downgrade.
    2008-02-10 03:25 AM
    i have no signal followed all the steps for some reason i have an E next to the signal bar, i did the thing with the terminal. the thing is that when i check on the Fw version it says 1.1.1, shouldn┤t it be on 1.1.2??? what am i doing wrong?
    2008-02-10 03:36 AM
    Ok, I used a different computer and got it to jailbreak, but now i have unlocked the phone and sometimes i get service then sometimes it disconnects, so can anyone help me with better instructions for the bricktool, i dont even know where to start.
    2008-02-10 04:07 AM
    ok now i have signal but every time I try to make a call it kinda crashes and return to the main screen, anything about this issue??

And aloger, I was having the problem with the signal, ran the tools and nothing, I checked the version and it said 1.1.1, I updated to 1.1.2 and now I have signal and it is not going, the thing is that if I try to dial a number it takes me again to the main screen, so I don˝t know if the same is happening to you

Hey I need help I just saw the error, I didn┤t put the fone in airplane mode so I guess that is why I┤m getting this issue!! what should I do now?
    Last edited by genericolanero; 2008-02-10 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-02-10 04:47 AM
    I followed all the instructions to the tee. Now all I get is a Constant Reboot of my Iphone. I did the Home button/power button thing but when I turn it back on the constant reboot just starts again. What do I do???!
    2008-02-10 05:17 AM
    No, mine says 1.1.2 and eveything works fine, but sometimes mine says it has a network and then 5 mins later it says there is no service so I think i should try to use the bricktool to see if that fixes it. I just feed to know how to put those files on my iphone. I dont know what the USR/BIN is? If someone could give me detailed step by step instructions on how to do the bricktool i would appreciate it.
    2008-02-10 05:34 AM
    These steps worked for me as well, i now have An OTB 16gb Iphone work on t-mobile network.

Steps I followed:
    Downgraded to 1.1.1 from 1.1.3
    Jailbreaked it
    Installed BSD Systems
    Installed Terminal
    Installed Oktoprep
    Ran Geohotz 1.1.2/1.1.3 unlock from installer
    Reboot phone
    Once completed, uninstalled Geohotz
    Upgraded to 1.1.2
    Ran Jailbreak

Plugged in a T-mobile Sim card and everything is working fine now
    2008-02-10 06:15 AM
    I keep getting a 1015 error after upgrading to firmware 1.1.2. All goes fine until that step. Anyone have any ideas why? Thanks
    2008-02-10 06:42 AM
    i unlocked it using your method but every time i try to make a call, after i press the first # the dialer shuts down and returns to the main screen
    HELP
    2008-02-10 07:24 AM
    whats the source of the official 1.1.3 soft updater?
    2008-02-10 07:25 AM
    Pardon my innocence, Im ain't that expert in unlocking the iphone, can anyone tell me which method should i use over here? I have a latest OTB 16gb iphone 1.1.3. These guides are totally confusing me, as I've already said im a n00b to all this Can any kind person point me in the right direction? I stay in India, is there any solution to unlck the otb 1.1.3?
    2008-02-10 08:20 AM
    I followed all the instructions to the tee. Now all I get is a Constant Reboot of my Iphone. I did the Home button/power button thing but when I turn it back on the constant reboot just starts again. What do I do???!
    On what part of the steps your iphone start doing the reboot? Put it on DFU mode then restore it again to 1.1.1

To put it on DFU mode, follow step 1.

I keep getting a 1015 error after upgrading to firmware 1.1.2. All goes fine until that step. Anyone have any ideas why? Thanks
    The reason why you are getting the 1015 because your BB is 04.03.13_G. You will need to run ibrickr and click the BOOT THE IPHONE then run the 1.1.2 jailbreak.

i unlocked it using your method but every time i try to make a call, after i press the first # the dialer shuts down and returns to the main screen
    HELP
    You will need to install iWorld from the installer to fix the crashing problem.

whats the source of the official 1.1.3 soft updater?
    The Official DEV TEAM soft updater is the one on SYSTEM folder.

Pardon my innocence, Im ain't that expert in unlocking the iphone, can anyone tell me which method should i use over here? I have a latest OTB 16gb iphone 1.1.3. These guides are totally confusing me, as I've already said im a n00b to all this Can any kind person point me in the right direction? I stay in India, is there any solution to unlck the otb 1.1.3?
    Follow this guide from step one and you will get your 16gb iphone unlock in no time.
    Last edited by dakko; 2008-02-10 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2008-02-10 08:47 AM
    ^^Thanks for your prompt response
    2008-02-10 08:52 AM
    quick question..Can I uninstall Term-vt100 now that my phone is unlocked? or do I still need to have that installed?
    2008-02-10 11:01 AM
74 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD