I lost my baseband trying to upgrade. I now get
    Repair Needed
    iphone cannot make or receive calls
    www.apple.com/support

Is there anything I can do. I have no wi-fi or anything
    2008-02-09 06:54 AM
    This probably should be the last thing you do try updating to 1.1.3.
    But jailbreak and rewrite the baseband to, run iEraser then write the correct firmware files to it. Guides are up to downgrade baseband and its almost the same thing.
    2008-02-09 07:01 AM
    Not sure how much this post will help, but I'll tell my story of todays adventures: I just tried the soft-update to 1.1.3 and iclarified baseband update to 04.03 and unlock with anysim 1.3 and somewhere in there I lost the baseband too and thus wifi and everything like you, and got the repair message

Rest assured it is possible to get back. I don't know the easiest way, it is probably by flashing the baseband in terminal, but unfortunately I forgot to install the terminal fix, so couldn't use it. I ended up going to plain 1.1.3 and that seemed to help somewhat, at least my IMEI was no longer unknown. Then back to 1.1.1, downgraded BB to 04.01 and tried to re-unlock, but it didn't seem to work well for some reason. So I went up to 1.1.2 and jailbroke there and tried to unlock again. I forgot to put in airplane mode so completely stuffed up and had to do 1.1.1 JB and 1.1.2 JB again, then finally was able to unlock properly on 1.1.2.

So not sure exactly where in there things were fixed, but I think I'll stick on a working 1.1.2 for a little longer. Hopefully there is a "real" jailbreak for 1.1.3 forthcoming to make things easier because it is getting very complicated with having to chain the jailbreaks together. Plus when you stuff up midway like I did you have to do them all again!
    2008-02-09 07:51 AM
    I had a similiar problem but dont know how to install baseband again. Can someone please post a clear tutorial for this.

had a 1.1.2 OTB with 4.6 bootloader. I tried installing official dev upgrade from installer for 1.1.3. It showed as downloading the required files then updating the phone. At the end the phone was 1.1.2 still but with the WiFi icon greyed out in system settings and reads no WiFi at the right side.
    I then downgraded to 1.1.1 however could not activate without WiFi as it was still greyed out. Finally after a whole day I have managed to downgrade it to 1.02 and jailbreak and activate it. Now I still have same No WiFi showing? I'm scared to upgrade to any higher version as I cannot then activate without WiFi. Also need WiFi for my everyday use. Somebody please help. I have a laptop with Vista and a desktop with XP. All upgrades and downgrades so far were done on Vista. I can get access to a Mac if essential. Please Help.
    Thanks in Advance.
    2008-02-09 09:21 AM
    Not sure how much this post will help, but I'll tell my story of todays adventures: I just tried the soft-update to 1.1.3 and iclarified baseband update to 04.03 and unlock with anysim 1.3 and somewhere in there I lost the baseband too and thus wifi and everything like you, and got the repair message

Rest assured it is possible to get back. I don't know the easiest way, it is probably by flashing the baseband in terminal, but unfortunately I forgot to install the terminal fix, so couldn't use it. I ended up going to plain 1.1.3 and that seemed to help somewhat, at least my IMEI was no longer unknown. Then back to 1.1.1, downgraded BB to 04.01 and tried to re-unlock, but it didn't seem to work well for some reason. So I went up to 1.1.2 and jailbroke there and tried to unlock again. I forgot to put in airplane mode so completely stuffed up and had to do 1.1.1 JB and 1.1.2 JB again, then finally was able to unlock properly on 1.1.2.

So not sure exactly where in there things were fixed, but I think I'll stick on a working 1.1.2 for a little longer. Hopefully there is a "real" jailbreak for 1.1.3 forthcoming to make things easier because it is getting very complicated with having to chain the jailbreaks together. Plus when you stuff up midway like I did you have to do them all again!
    You are right I did that and after some messing around It finally worked. What a mess man. Everyone i saying how easy the 1.1.3 update went but that was a disaster for me. I will stay at 1.1.2 until I am ready for that again

I had a similiar problem but dont know how to install baseband again. Can someone please post a clear tutorial for this.

had a 1.1.2 OTB with 4.6 bootloader. I tried installing official dev upgrade from installer for 1.1.3. It showed as downloading the required files then updating the phone. At the end the phone was 1.1.2 still but with the WiFi icon greyed out in system settings and reads no WiFi at the right side.
    I then downgraded to 1.1.1 however could not activate without WiFi as it was still greyed out. Finally after a whole day I have managed to downgrade it to 1.02 and jailbreak and activate it. Now I still have same No WiFi showing? I'm scared to upgrade to any higher version as I cannot then activate without WiFi. Also need WiFi for my everyday use. Somebody please help. I have a laptop with Vista and a desktop with XP. All upgrades and downgrades so far were done on Vista. I can get access to a Mac if essential. Please Help.
    Thanks in Advance.

I can not gurante this will work for you but my phone was originally 1.0.2 upgraded to 1.1.1 and I was just now trying to go to 1.1.3 when I lost my baseband. After much research I finally just upgraded to 1.1.3 through itunes. This gets the baseband back.

I have been sitting her for hours and forgot what order cause i tried so much but I think after I upgraded to 1.1.3. I went back to restore mode and went back to 1.1.2

Then followed this guide to the T

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=358

when you get here way down there "PGRADE TO 1.1.2
    - Download the Jailbreak 1.1.2 package from: here.
    - Download the 1.1.2 Firmware from: here

At this point normally we would have installed OktoPrep from Installer (Tweaks 1.1.1 Category). The new jailbreakme.com is supposed to do this for you now. I've heard a couple reports of the site not doing it so I've left this in the tutorial for now!"

do the oktoprep from installer otherwise it will not work.

Then even after I was done with the tutorial it still appears to be locked. just open independence and after a few minutes it will work..

I hope this helps

Then
    Last edited by bharned3; 2008-02-09 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-02-09 09:30 AM
    Click on restore in itunes under dfu mode and let it install v1.1.3.

It should work, giving everything back.
    2008-02-09 11:01 AM
    How to unluck the fone with firmware 1.1.2 fresh from the box?

note: its already unlock before. but when im trying to upgrade to 1.1.3
    error appeared and says :
    " Repair Needed "
    iphone cannot make or receive calls
    www.apple.com/support"

then i try to update with 1.1.3 in itunes. then after doing so.. i downgrade to 1.1.1 using restore mode.. then Iphone says when i boot if rom recovery. please put an invalid sim or authorize sim..

what should i do?
    2008-02-09 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD