User Tag List

Unfortunatly I think that Im giving up on Universal Sim and my 3G... Im going to start using my 2G again because I cant stand not knowing when I am going to lose edge or phone service all together... Its just not reliable enough at this time. So Im reluctantly trasnfering all my stuff to the 2G and placing the 3G in a drawer until universal sim releases a new update or the dev team finds a software unlock.
    Shite..that's bad news!! Sorry to hear that. I've been using my Universal Sim Unlock for a week now and haven't lost/dropped any calls or signal except in black spots (whilst driving through country lanes), but signal is regained virtually instantaneously afterwards.

Went to a city today and got to test 3G Internet and GPS respectively. Worked flawlessly, pleased to say.

I am on FW 2.1 mind you and T-Mobile UK has been working great with this sim unlocker. Still it's early days and it can all go pearshaped, so I'll keep you all posted if things change for the worst.

Meanwhile I would definitely recommend the Universal Sim unlocker to anyone on T-Mobile in the UK.

I put it into my iPhone a nd I have never taken it out. Trust me it works a treat

John
    Great to hear. I'm in Norfolk (Watton) too and have had a great experience so far. Just hope it lasts long enough till the dev team come up with the soft-unlock.
    Last edited by iMack007; 2008-09-26 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-09-26 09:27 PM
    Shite..that's bad news!! Sorry to hear that. I've been using my Universal Sim Unlock for a week now and haven't lost/dropped any calls or signal except in black spots (whilst driving through country lanes), but signal is regained virtually instantaneously afterwards.

Went to a city today and got to test 3G Internet and GPS respectively. Worked flawlessly, pleased to say.

I am on FW 2.1 mind you and T-Mobile UK has been working great with this sim unlocker. Still it's early days and it can all go pearshaped, so I'll keep you all posted if things change for the worst.

Meanwhile I would definitely recommend the Universal Sim unlocker to anyone on T-Mobile in the UK.

Great to hear. I'm in Norfolk (Watton) too and have had a great experience so far. Just hope it lasts long enough till the dev team come up with the soft-unlock.
    Good to hear.. what version universal sim are you using? V5.5, 5.4, 5.0? I think I was at 5.5.... and Ive heard from others that 5.4 seems more reliable it terms of US Tmobile... so I may take it back to my dealer and have him reprogram it.. I miss using the 3G.
    2008-09-27 05:18 PM
    Good to hear.. what version universal sim are you using? V5.5, 5.4, 5.0? I think I was at 5.5.... and Ive heard from others that 5.4 seems more reliable it terms of US Tmobile... so I may take it back to my dealer and have him reprogram it.. I miss using the 3G.
    I'm still on version 5.5 of Universal Sim Unlock. I travelled over 700 miles around the UK yesterday and it worked very well throughout with no dropped signals.
    2008-09-29 11:55 AM
    I'm using the Gevey sim adapter w/ my 3g. Its been great thus far, only 48hrs in though.

SMS in: Works
    SMS out: works
    T-zones hack: works
    calls in: works
    calls out: works
    vm: works
    T-mobile US: So. Cal
    2008-09-29 04:41 PM
    Hi All

I'm a newbie at sim unlock, so please bear with me. Got a Hypersim card for iPhone 3G, the one were you do not have to cut the card. Took out my sim card (AT&T), then put the hypersim card in first (cut corner upper left) and then a MOBAL world phone card on top of it (label facing out). Put some tape on bottom as suggested by another member. Put the card in, tight fit, but got it in and it could move out. Turned on the phone....a "no sim" message. So:

1. Was I putting this thing together correctly (sorry, just haven't done this).
    2. Any ideas about the "no sim"

I didn't change ANY other settings on the phone

Oh...when I did pull out the combination, a piece of the tape got torn off, I got it all out of the sim slot, but that concerned me quite a bit.

Thanks

By the way the HYPERSIM store people are totally unresponsive to phone calls and emails to date...been a week since the call
    2008-09-30 04:37 PM
    I just got universal-sim v550 on my iPhone.. it ROCKS! Everything works like a charm, I'm so psyched! I'm in Chicago, IL on US-Timobile. I have an extra adapter if anyone needs. I bought two.
    2008-09-30 05:12 PM
    Hi All

I'm a newbie at sim unlock, so please bear with me. Got a Hypersim card for iPhone 3G, the one were you do not have to cut the card. Took out my sim card (AT&T), then put the hypersim card in first (cut corner upper left) and then a MOBAL world phone card on top of it (label facing out). Put some tape on bottom as suggested by another member. Put the card in, tight fit, but got it in and it could move out. Turned on the phone....a "no sim" message. So:

1. Was I putting this thing together correctly (sorry, just haven't done this).
    2. Any ideas about the "no sim"

I didn't change ANY other settings on the phone

Oh...when I did pull out the combination, a piece of the tape got torn off, I got it all out of the sim slot, but that concerned me quite a bit.

Thanks

By the way the HYPERSIM store people are totally unresponsive to phone calls and emails to date...been a week since the call
    All

First off, my apologies to Hypersim, they had a big problem with the phone number on their web site....it will be taken care of. I finally heard from STeve, who was very helpful. Here is how you use a hypersim card, his number is 916 580-3799

1. Jailbreak you iphone (I used quickpwn, simple)
    2. Take out your sim card and holder
    3. Put the hypersim card in first
    4. Put the other carrier sim card in over it
    5. YOu can use double sided tape if you wish, I didn't, it won't get stuck and pops back out easily
    6. Turn on your phone and place a call
    7. Wait until it says "call failed" and then you will get a signal for the carrier you have chosen (I got a good t-mobile) signal
    8. If you want internet, the carrier can give you the settings, or look at this post:
    Carrier APN Settings - ModMyi - Wiki
    2008-09-30 09:08 PM
    Any other updates on sim adapters?

Update on behalf:
    3g w/ gevey sim 2.01 16gb black

12days now. No interruptions thus far, except for data outages. I had to reset network settings to pick up edge data again.

SMS in: Works
    SMS out: works
    T-zones hack: works
    calls in: works
    calls out: works
    vm: works
    T-mobile US: So. Cal
    2008-10-10 12:32 AM
    I dont know. You have only been testing for a week. A lot of these adapters work for a week. Some even a month. I'm just very skeptical now.
    Well here's the update. It has not failed once and I have covered 3000miles across the UK in 4 weeks. I can switch from 2G to 3G without problems and have never taken out the sim card since. I know the dev team are working hard on a crack, but I can wait now untils it happens using my 16gb 3G.... happy days

John
    2008-10-11 06:58 PM
    *** iPhone 3G 16Gb, running with v2 SIM adapter from Home*-*Any Network - iPhone 3g unlocking on the Vodafone network in the UK. ****

I purchased a 8GB iPhone 3G in the UK on O2 Pay As You Go, so no contract. As a newbee I didnt know there was no software unlock although I tried loading a couple that said they could until you read the VERY small print.

So I ordered the V2 SIM adapter from Home*-*Any Network - iPhone 3g unlocking

All work fine apart from I had problems with inbound calls going to my voicemail even though I had signal etc. Also could not go in and out of flight mode without rebooting. It appears that the problem was with the handset, as I exchange my 8Gb to a 14Gb within the 14 days return policy and everything with the same SIM adapter is working great on the 14Gb. Was it the device or the fact I loaded unlocking software that didnt work? I guess I will never know!

Inbound calls/Out bound calls, 3G, Internet, eMail (Exchange Active Sync and POP3) all working great! Driven miles in the car no loss of service at all, superb!

My only concern now is I wondered if the jail break I used might have been the problem?

I'm going to ask help from Any-Network before I Jail Break again. There support staff have been great in replying to emails. They also have a support phone line for idiots like me! :-)
    Last edited by iPhoneInTheUK; 2008-10-12 at 08:34 AM. Reason: word spelling
    2008-10-12 08:32 AM
    iPhone 3G 16gb Black
    Gevey 3G
    Calls/SMS In/Out works perfectly fine.
    T-Mobile USA / Texas.

The only thing is when I get to an area with No Signal/No Service interrupted, it will stuck in No Service forever, I would have to take the sim card out put it in another phone and receive signal and put it back in the iPhone. The other thing is the Gevey 3G is tough to put back in, easy to take out. I have found the best way to put it back in is, to put the turbo sim on the tray, slide it in half way first, then slide the sim card in from top.
    2008-10-12 06:33 PM
    You guys have been a huge help, just finished reading all 7 pages haha.

I have tmobile and I live in southern california. Im planning on getting an 8gig 3g soon and I originally was set on the Gevey 3g sim but this thread seems to praise the Universal sim so now thats a toss up. (which should i go with?)

If I go with the gevey, it is possible to update it so it doesnt fail on me? Since the Universal has the pkey for that.

I will purchase the $5.99 tzones internet, but does this mean I have to jailbreak in order for it to work ? (so pwnage tool 2.1 and cydia intaller etc)

Also my nightmare is having to take the sim in and out.. switch phones etccc. hope that doesnt happen?

thanks!
    2008-10-15 07:42 AM
    I updated my phone recently to firmware2.1, all I had to do was re-jailbreak it again. I also still have to take my sim and out sometimes, if you go to an area that gets no service/no signal you will not re-gain service/signal unless you take the sim out and put it in another phone, sometimes rebooting it work sometimes it does not. I figure out a way to take the sim in and out easier though it's not too bad.
    Last edited by quakerroatmeal; 2008-10-15 at 09:45 AM.
    2008-10-15 08:27 AM
    UPDATE:

I got my 3g 8 gig last week on 2.1 firmware. Been using it with a gevey sim. For the first 2 days, I couldnt get the edge to work but now everything is working flawlessly. Calls in and out. Text in and out. Itunes app store. Even when i lose service, it regains it back quick without havving to take out the sim. Edge works great now with tzones 599. hope it stays working flawlessly.
    2008-11-24 08:17 AM
94 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD