is there a difference between iPhone 3G SIM Unlocking Tool and gervey 3g
    2008-10-03 05:21 PM
    How many got their gevey turbosim still working? And where is your location? I'm currently on 5days w/ no interruption. Tmobile US: So. Calif.
    2008-10-03 05:35 PM
    I also wondered if I should get the original iPhone since I can't use the 3G with t-mobile anyway, but I really wanted the GPS, which DOES work over edge. so that, coupled with the new design and ability to use 3G if I move overseas, (a possibility) it was the best choice for me. your mileage may vary.
    2008-10-04 05:07 AM
    I got one of those Geveyfrom ebay. I live in Massachusetts and mine has been working for ten days..no interruptions.

JK1234..no one is as smart as you are...LOL
    Last edited by brent91055; 2008-10-06 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-10-06 05:07 AM
    First you need a jailbroken and activated iPhone 3G.
    I just got the 3G 8G one and still waiting for the turbosim. You said that it needs to be jailbroken first ? will it work with the turbosim without getting the phone jailbroken ? I don't know anything about jailbroken and how do you activate it ? I'm so newb to iphone. I'd like to follow an easy step by step instructions. I don't want to mess it up. Hope you can help. Thanks
    2008-10-06 11:06 PM
    I just got the 3G 8G one and still waiting for the turbosim. You said that it needs to be jailbroken first ? will it work with the turbosim without getting the phone jailbroken ? I don't know anything about jailbroken and how do you activate it ? I'm so newb to iphone. I'd like to follow an easy step by step instructions. I don't want to mess it up. Hope you can help. Thanks
    Truth is, if you use pwnage or quickpwn there is now way to mess up the phone. And the process is 100% reversable if you chose it's not for you.
    2008-10-07 12:49 AM
    mm ok. anyway If I'm not mistaken, jailbreaking is only if you want to install other third party softwares right ? If don't want any new softwares/apps and insert the turbosim and my tmobile simcard, would it work ? thanks
    2008-10-07 01:17 AM
    mm ok. anyway If I'm not mistaken, jailbreaking is only if you want to install other third party softwares right ? If don't want any new softwares/apps and insert the turbosim and my tmobile simcard, would it work ? thanks
    jailbreaking just opens up access to the phones file system. You can jailbreak a phone just to bypass activation if you want. Do a little research and you'll find that jailbreaking can also fix bugs that apple has ignored for some time. Such as mail app crashing, cookies not saving and such. Jailbreaking sounds mischievace and risky but in reality it's as safe as can be.. Of course there is a dark side to it and some people just want to do it to hack the app store allowing them to install any program for free amongst other things there are things that are really great like video recording and backgrounder..
    Point is, dont be afraid to do it...You have a higher risk of screwing up your phone by inserting ad removing your turbo sim than you do of jailbreaking it. I think just the activation bypass makes it worth it. Otherwise you may have to eject your sim every time you want to sync with iTunes in order to bypass iTunes sim check. Gets tiring carrying a paperclip around and risking getting your sim tray stuck every time you eject and reinsert it. just my opinion

let's not forget the wonderful tzones hack that tmobile customers can use to get the Internet. Requires jailbreak. Saves you $14 a month on Internet as you only have to pay the $5.99 for tzones instead of $19.99 for the total Internet pack.
    Last edited by reznor9; 2008-10-07 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-10-07 11:10 AM
    wow bro. Thank you so much for your time giving me wonderfull information
    Anyway, I already turned on the phone and it has been activated. I asked the seller that the phone was only activated but not jailbroken. In that condition, when I connect to itunes with the turbosim and my tmobile sim card, you'r saying I still have to eject my sim every time I want to sync with iTunes. Itunes checks system everytime it's connected ?

so which one is the easiest and has the least bugs problem, is it pwnage or quickpwn ?
    Last edited by jajajafromHF; 2008-10-07 at 10:38 PM.
    2008-10-07 09:56 PM
    No problem. I was just spreading the word of jailbreaking.

As for your question of if you will have to eject your sim tray every time you sync, that's just what I have heard... Doing a little research I have found that some people put their phone into airplane/flight mode when they sync to bypass the sim check too... But with some of the sim adapters, it may require a reboot to get signal back. Some sim adapter will not reconnect after shuting off flight mode, a full reboot is required. If you don't mind that then you should be ok.

As for which jailbreak is better, I say pwnage because I don't think quickpwn does the activation bypass, it is just a really fast method to jailbreak. Niether one has bugs as far as I know.
    Last edited by reznor9; 2008-10-08 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-10-08 02:49 AM
    hi guys i have a iphone 3g on vodafone uk using a yes sim

i was wondering what do i need to do in order to set up 3g

i contacted vodafone to ask what details i should enter in a phone but they were less than hepfull.

thanks for any advice.
    2008-10-09 01:51 PM
    hi guys i have a iphone 3g on vodafone uk using a yes sim

i was wondering what do i need to do in order to set up 3g

i contacted vodafone to ask what details i should enter in a phone but they were less than hepfull.

thanks for any advice.
    not trying to be a jerk but this thread is for us tmobile setting only. Post in a more general thread or start a new one.
    2008-10-09 09:06 PM
    Firstly, id like to thank everyone on this forum for some wonderful information. I have been browsing on the site for a few months now, but actually have not had a reason to join due to all areas already being covered and not needing to add additional information- so kudos to you all!

Looking to join the team of iPhone users outside AT&T. Own a first gen iPod touch that i have used/jailbroken since release. Also unlocked a first gen iPhone the hard way on 1.1.4. Not worked with a 3G iPhone yet at all.

Need some advice on if i should be buying a 3G phone or first gen phone for personal use near Greenbay Wisconsin and also what plan from t-mobile do i need for all of this to work and how much is that plan? How can i tell if im within a coverage area?(dont know what to be looking at on t-mobiles site)

May have more questions but thats what i have to begin with.
    Last edited by lethlorian; 2008-10-16 at 09:03 PM.
    2008-10-16 08:20 PM
    Just wanted to tune in here and report that Ive been using virgin sim for a solid 2 weeks and have not had any interruptions in service or edge data. Works with all firmwares and modem firmwares so far. Best of all it does not require any modification or cutting of your original sim. But it does require your phone to be either activated with a att sim or with pwnage.

The only other sim adapter Ive tried before was universal sim V550, and that lost signal constantly which required a reboot to regain(especially edge, which happened daily). Finally got the No SIM card installed, message, which makes the sim unusable until you install it back into a tmobile phone... did this more than once too.

Point is, universal sim seems to be the most popular one on the market right now, and according to my experience the virgin sim blows it out of the water! After weeks of beta testing, they finally have decided to start selling a finished product online(I think only ebay right now or you can write the virgin sim rep at [email protected] and tell him I sent you.) There are two versions, normal speed and high speed, but as of now the normal speed is the only one being sold...as the high speed seems to have problems working with newer sim cards... when this problem is solved, it will be released to the public as well.

There is an ongoing thread on hackintosh if your interested in reading more on this product Virginsim will be a good solution? - Hackint0sh
    2008-10-18 06:25 AM
    I just got off the phone with Tmobile and they said as long as you have a nationwide cellular data plan, there is no extra fees for turning on the data roaming (unless you go out of the country). It works perfectly with the new phone. Now all we need is a fix for the 3G frequency differences between Tmobile and AT&T....then it will be all worked out (except for the software unlock).

2008-10-26 12:15 AM
    Hello everyone, I have a iPhone 3G and ordered a Turbo Sim Gervey-3 on ebay for $24.98. It came in the mail the other day so I thought I would explain how use Turbo Sim and how to program iPhone 3G for T-Mobile USA. First you need a jailbroken and activated iPhone 3G. Second you need to get a Turbo Sim, just hop onto ebay and search for Gervey-3 (thats the one I have, not sure if any other Turbo Sim will work). After getting it take the Turbo Sim Gervey-3 and put it in the sim tray and then you take your T-Mobile sim card and put it in the tray right on top of the Turbo Sim, they only go one way so its pretty error proof. After that put the tray back into the phone (this can be tricky cause its a little thicker now and can get hung up on while inserting it, I had to try a couple times to get it in). After the sim tray is in the phone just wait a minute and you will see that you will get signal and T-Mobile will show as the carrier. Now you can text (in/out) and make calls (in/out). Now for internet you have to change some settings. Go to settings, general, network, Enable 3G (must be off), Data Roaming (must be on), Cellular Data Network, and then set the APN settings based off what data plan you have with T-Mobile. After that your all set to use the iPhone for everything. Also even though your turning on data roaming you will not get roaming charges as long as your on a nationwide plan, if you are on a regional plan then you can get roaming charges. Enjoy!
    Where is the "APN" setting on the 3g iphone with firmware 2.1? I do not see it on my jailbroken 3g iphone with firmware 2.1.

I only see the following under General, Network:

Enable 3G (set to off)
    Data Roaming (set to on)
    VPN (not configured)
    Wi-Fi (my wifi name)

Again, where do I add the APN information????
    2008-11-01 04:33 AM
    Hi everyone,nice thread! its important to do your research. There are various sim cards available but ost of them will cause some kind of trouble. i have tested yessim and gevey but had a lot of troubles with them (los of signal etc). Now I am testing iPhone Sim Unlock - 3G iPHONE UNLOCKING SOLUTION and so far I am satisfied with the results.I recommend wholeheartedly.
    Regards
    2008-11-01 05:21 PM
    can i have a link to tthe gervey-3 thingy on ebay? cant find it
    2010-08-15 06:05 AM
    can i have a link to tthe gervey-3 thingy on ebay? cant find it
    Which cave did you just get out from?
    2010-08-15 11:51 PM
    deep dark one. got a link or not?
    2010-08-16 10:04 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD