Hi all, I am having issues with the sound with my iPhone. For some reason only text sounds will not work. Any idea what would be the cause?! It's a 3G unlocked iPhone running 2.0.2 firmware.
    2008-09-12 01:46 AM
    Have you installed anything that may be conflicting with system sounds? Customize, etc. for example. Have you messed with any sound files on the phone? I know this sounds retarded, but the first thing I do when I have a sound problem is reboot the iphone, sometimes it works.
    2008-09-12 01:51 AM
    I did put some ringtones on the phone by changing the file extenaion to m4r last night and all of sudden that's been doing no text sound. You think I can just remove them and it will be okay.

I changed the extension from m4a to m4r to get free ringtones I read it online but since then I have ha problems with the text incoming sound. Do you think if I remove them will my sound go back and no problems with the sound? Any help would be great!
    Last edited by BoisePunk22; 2008-09-12 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-09-12 03:24 AM
    Well, it should only matter if you messed with the sms sound files, your ringtones shouldnt make a difference.

Did you change the sms tones? They HAVE to stay the format they are. You cant even rename them.

Also, if you want to create ringtones easy, if your on a WinPC...try using iRinger (google it, its free) lets you create ringtones from your own mp3 songs, lets you cut whatever you want from the song then automatically places them into your "ringtones" section in Itunes so all you do is sync.
    2008-09-12 03:28 AM
    no I didn't change anything as far a the SMS tone. I guess I will just have to restore the iPhone and hope it fixes it.
    2008-09-12 03:37 AM
    realSMS screwed up my text message sounds and notifications... when I unistalled it that fixed the problem
    2008-09-12 03:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD