User Tag List

hey people
    im new here and i was wondering how to unlock an iphone 3g.
    i currently don't have on but already emailed a guy from craigslist that i wanted the one he was selling.
    i know you need a Sim but which one is the best one?
    i want to use it in t-mobile USA.

sorry if they had already posted this but i would really appreciate it if you would help me. thnx

Edit:
    never mind. the question i have now is that if i go to mexico and buy the iphone from over there, will it be unlocked?
    or will i also have to use a turbo sim for it to work for t-mobile?
    Last edited by malvarez; 2008-09-20 at 08:38 PM.
    2008-09-20 11:09 AM
    Iphone 3G cannot be unlocked at this point unless it uses a turbo sim card (which can damage and doesn't always work) or you got the phone from a country that allows unlocked phones. If it comes from USA, it will not be unlocked.
    2008-09-20 03:17 PM
    if i buy a phone from france.... will it be already unlocked and take any SIM .... And will it just be in FRENCH......
    2008-09-20 04:07 PM
    Why dont you go to France, buy a phone, put your sim in it see if it works, then ask em to change it to English just for you!
    2008-09-20 04:15 PM
    I only asked a simple question... If you dont know just dont say anything ... Why bother putting a smart remark ?????
    2008-09-20 04:39 PM
    Cause by the time it took you to write that, you would have found your answer quicker with a little research.
    2008-09-20 04:50 PM
    You can use a sim card adapter (aka turbo sim) to unlock it. Put the super-thin sim card adapter underneath your current sim in your iphone and it works exactly like an unlocked phone.

I would highly recommend using the Gevey-3G model of turbo sim. Most of the other ones stop working after a week. There are plenty of them on eBay.

iphone 3Gs cannot be unlocked at the moment through software.
    Motorola V70, A630,
    T-Mobile (HTC) SDA, Dash, Wing
    Apple iPhone 2G, 3G
    Favorite: Samsung A117
    2008-09-20 07:59 PM