hi there

actually i am also running on 2.02 iphone 3G balck one 16 GB
    and i am using gevey-3G but i purchased it before the release of the 2.1
    will it work if i updated it ?
    Anyone got it before of after the release of firmware?
    thanks alot in advance please tell me um curious wanna update
    2008-09-20 01:00 PM
    I have Gevey-3g and I am using it with 2.1 Firmware and it works GREAT!!!! The only thing is that you have to turn on the Roaming to use the EDGE. Does anyone know if I will incur roaming costs
    2008-09-20 07:08 PM
    Presuming you're with T-mobile...

If you're on a national plan, like the 600 mins for $39.99, then you wont have any additional charges.

But, if you're on a regional plan and you travel out of state, then yes.
    Motorola V70, A630,
    T-Mobile (HTC) SDA, Dash, Wing
    Apple iPhone 2G, 3G
    Favorite: Samsung A117
    2008-09-20 07:49 PM
    i upgraded to 2.1
    it really rocks
    thanks alot dude

I have Gevey-3g and I am using it with 2.1 Firmware and it works GREAT!!!! The only thing is that you have to turn on the Roaming to use the EDGE. Does anyone know if I will incur roaming costs
    not sure about roamning cost
    but this option wasnt avail in nokia phones so i think u must subscribe in it
    depends on the operator
    Last edited by minawagdi; 2008-09-21 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-09-21 10:34 AM
    Thanks the info helped...
    2008-09-22 10:51 PM
    you welcome man
    note: never do a plane mode
    you should restart ur phone to get the signal and not insert the sim while the device os on
    2008-09-22 11:07 PM
    How come I'm not getting t-zones internet? my iphone unlocked with gevey sim,what do i do to get it,I try turning on the rooming and 3g still i can't get the tzone internet
    Last edited by gotbmer; 2008-10-06 at 09:16 AM.
    2008-10-06 09:14 AM
    How come I'm not getting t-zones internet? my iphone unlocked with gevey sim,what do i do to get it,I try turning on the rooming and 3g still i can't get the tzone internet
    well do u mean u cant access the internet provided by ur operator ?
    well if it is
    check that the service is activated on ur line
    put ur sim card in any other phone (nokia for example)
    and test whether u have a connection or not
    then if u have
    1-reseat the sim card and gevey in ur iphone
    2- open ur phone activate DATA ROAMING + 3G
    3- Restart ur phone
    4- wait to get the 3G logo
    browse
    2008-10-06 03:21 PM
    I purchased the GEVEY-3G Sim Chip for my AT$T 3G iPhone (2.1 fw) and it doesn't appear to work.

I am an Aussie living in the US and inserted my Australian telco (Teldsra) SIM and the GEVEY chip and restarted the phone (as per the instructions) and it says something along the lines of INVALID SIM.

Does it matter that this is an international Telco SIM and it is "roaming"?

Thanks,

Paul
    2008-10-07 07:08 PM
    nope it doesnt matter
    r u sure that u've put the sim adapter in the right place
    reseat it and try
    the chip from the back ?
    take care of stuck man
    2008-10-08 01:43 AM
    Raghier , if you have data plan you have to be carefull as long you're in nation network is ok for me just call tmobile and locked my tmobile data plan so now i turnoff my data roaming off on my 3G iphone still make calls , texts everthing is working i use 3G Gevey after they apple release 2.1 firmware so they works with my iphone 3g and i updated to 2.1 firmware

my modem firmware now 02.11.07 use itune uppdate to 2.1 then ues pwn to restore to it back to 2.0.2 firmware and runnin 2.0.2 software with the baseband 2.1 still use itune7.7 still running my games this only works if you use custom firmware custom firmware is better allow me to expand from 500MB to 1.7GB im not worry out of this space no more

pm if you need any questions

thx sinal works out great i dont carrry 2phones no more because if it loose sinal it wills get it back
    2008-10-09 08:00 PM
    I purchased the GEVEY-3G Sim Chip for my AT 3G iPhone (2.1 fw) and it doesn't appear to work.

I am an Aussie living in the US and inserted my Australian telco (Teldsra) SIM and the GEVEY chip and restarted the phone (as per the instructions) and it says something along the lines of INVALID SIM.

Does it matter that this is an international Telco SIM and it is "roaming"?

Thanks,

Paul
    I tried reseating the SIM, still won't work. My Australian SIM works fine in my RAZR, just not my iPhone with the GEVEY. Is it possible that the SIM is incompatible?
    2008-10-13 03:24 PM
    yea you may try different sim card
    try also to put the gevey in another phone
    just to know whether the problem with sim or with sim adapter
    take care of stuck man
    2008-10-16 02:33 PM
    I try but still can't access the internet.I keep getting "Could not activate cellular data network.you are not subscribed to a cellular data service"
    2008-10-16 06:28 PM
    Don't bother with Gevey! Its Shitty get i-smartphone sims from w w w . l i k e o m g h a x .com BEST SIM OUT THERE i bought one and its been working for like 3 weeks now! Works with 2.1 [email protected]!
    2008-10-16 07:52 PM
    lol gevey 3G works 2 months now with 2.1 :P
    2008-10-16 09:52 PM
    Well, I managed to get the GEVEY SIM adapter working in my iPhone (2.1 firmware) NO PROBLEMS! I have yet to try it with 2.2 as I have returned to the US.

It turns out that my "old" SIM Card was not a 3G SIM Card and that was the reason it wouldn't work in my iPhone.

So, MAKE SURE YOUR SIM CAR IS A 3G SIM CARD.

I went to my Australian Telco (Telstra) and asked for a 3G (NextG) SIM Card for my iPhone, inserted it with the GEVEY adapter in place and it found the network within 10-15 seconds. I didn't even have to power cycle the phone.

I highly recommend this SIM adapter to anyone trying to get around the iPhone carrier lock.

Cheers,

Paul
    2008-12-19 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD