I have used ZiPhone for Windows and ZiPhone for Mac, and the iPhone's iPod touch features still work, but when you insert any SIM, including an AT&T SIM, the signal bars area displays nothing but _ _ _ _. Does anyone know what the problem is?

I have tried upgrading to 1.1.4, and nothing fixed.

It is jailbroken, and I am downgrading the baseband to 1.1.1 as we speak.

Please help me unbrick my iPhone, I am running a Mac with Mac OS 10.5, or a PC with Windows XP. Please help me find the proper tools, I have tried ZiPhone, I have tried IBrickr, and a number of other ways, and I have tried restoring using iTunes itself. Tried basically all the Mac & PC tools I could find out there!
    2008-03-02 07:39 PM
    which bootloader do you get?
    iPhone 4 16GB 4.2.1 / iPhone 3GS 32GB 4.0.1 / iPhone 3G 8GB 3.1.3 / iPhone 2G 16GB 1.1.4

MacBook Air 11'6" / Hackintosh i7 Snow Leopard
    2008-03-02 10:31 PM
    read my other posts ull get your answer i think u have now 04.04.05_g bl cos u update to 1.1.4 so use new ziphone or use my steps
    2008-03-02 10:41 PM
    I have had the same problem.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2008-03-10 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Other
    2008-03-10 03:52 AM
    I have used ZiPhone for Windows and ZiPhone for Mac, and the iPhone's iPod touch features still work, but when you insert any SIM, including an AT&T SIM, the signal bars area displays nothing but _ _ _ _. Does anyone know what the problem is?

I have tried upgrading to 1.1.4, and nothing fixed.

It is jailbroken, and I am downgrading the baseband to 1.1.1 as we speak.

Please help me unbrick my iPhone, I am running a Mac with Mac OS 10.5, or a PC with Windows XP. Please help me find the proper tools, I have tried ZiPhone, I have tried IBrickr, and a number of other ways, and I have tried restoring using iTunes itself. Tried basically all the Mac & PC tools I could find out there!
    Hey, I had the same problem. I had to get a replacement iPhone. Originally I had activated my iPhone with ATT and cancelled it. It updated fine and all, but the problem was that when I got the replacement, I accidently clicked "Do It All" in ZiPhone. Went through what you did. To fix it I had to download ZiPhone again (2.5c) and then under "Advanced Features" just click "Downgrade Bootloader". It had some trouble erasing, but it ultimately worked out all right. Now I can at least find the cell towers to find out that I have no service, but 1.1.4 makes it so you have to be activated through ATT to use the locate feature in google maps. So I am going to 'upgrade' to 1.1.3. Right now I have 1.1.4 Basband 04.04.05 and Bootloader 3.9. visit

www.girrelephants.com/contact/aspx

and message me there and I can help you if you need. I understand your worries.

Oh yea, and to downgrade your baseband, just add http://www.appledailytimes.com/installer and install the 1.1.4 to 1.1.2 downgrader.
    Last edited by Girrelephant Master; 2008-03-10 at 05:33 AM.
    2008-03-10 04:10 AM
    2008-03-10 04:17 AM
    Try this, worked on 3 bricked iPhones for me!
    1. Restore iphone to 1.1.4 & erase baseband with ziphone(any version ok).
    2. Download latest ziphone (2.6b) & use the fix NVRAM issue in advanced features. I know this is for Ipod touch only.. but hear me out completely. If ziphone gives an error, put it in recovery mode manually (not DFU) & then fix NVRAM issue .
    3. Now once this is done,your phone should boot, put it in recovery mode again ( not DFU) & let itunes detect in recovery mode.
    4. Now Restore to 1.1.4 , ( I dont know if this matters, but please don't use a manually downloaded firmware file, allow itunes to download it freshly, previous itunes downloaded files should be good to go. ) THIS LAST POINT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!! IT DOES MATTER.
    5. Once that's complete, you should now be at slide for emergency after the reboot .( Notice the animation does not get stuck).
    6. Now use iplus 2.0b to unlock.. i used iplus -u.. thats it guys.. after 2 passes are complete. you'll b good to go.
    Note: If you get errors in iPlus, then remove iPhone and replug in or manually enter restore mode. No iTunes running at this point.
    2008-03-21 03:30 PM
    didnt worked for me... still have the phone whit the "no sim" message
    2008-04-01 07:56 PM
    Or u can ask zibri for help as he packaged the ziphone
    2008-04-02 02:31 AM
    hey i have a big issue i try using the libertyx program to unlock my iphone however when it was booting the ramdisk just took to long and i unplugged the usb cable now i get a meddage that sayd BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0 and i dont know what to do i have no cash so i havent brough it to anybody yet plus i live in toronto so theres i no apple store support for iphone

anyone cvan help with the libertyx problem im desperate!!!
    Last edited by ELpatron; 2008-04-02 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-02 03:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD