Hi,i was reading through the forum and answering questions about iPlus,Ziphone and unlocking... I havent seen anyone who wrote FAQ so i decieded to do it by myself.
    Lets start imagine that you have an iPhone,just bought it in Apple Store and know nothing about activation/jailbreaking/unlocking,BUT do not want to pay money for it.
    LETS GO!
    To unlock the phone with ANY carrier you need to modify baseband (modem firmware).
    If you bought an iPhone with firmare version
    1.0.0 and 1.0.1 comes with 03.12.06_G
    1.02-03.14.08_G
    1.1.1-04.01.13_G
    1.1.2-04.02.13_G
    1.1.3-04.03.13_G
    1.1.4-04.04.05_G
    to check it, slide for emeregency and type *3001#12345#* and check VERSIONS
    Firmware 1.1.2/1.1.3 comes with new bootloader 4.6 so you can unlock it in 1 EASY way
    1-restore to 1.1.3/1.1.4 firmware
    2-download ziphone adn extract Ziphone to your desktop ( www.ziphone.org )

3-connect your iPhone to computer

4-press DO IT ALL button,after 3,5 minutes it gonna finish and you will have... UNLOCKED/ACTIVATED/JAILBROKEN iPhone for free!

You can use iPlus (i acctually reccomend you to) BUT its not as easy as Ziphone it WILL downgrade your bootloader BUT it gonna be 3.9 FAKE BLANK that means THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CHANGE IT BACK TO 4.6,WHEN YOU USE ZIPHONE YOU CAN GET BOOTLOADER UP ONLY THROUGH TESTPOINT!

So follow the iPlus instrouctions...
    1-RESTORE TO 1.1.4 FIRMWARE THROUGH ITUNES!
    2-go into Recovery mode (Hold home+power,when it gonna turn off unplug your iPhone from the dock holding home button,THEN connect it to the dock) Congrats you are now in "recovery mode",not DFU!
    3- download iPlus http://www.ipluspwns.com/files/iPlus2.0b.zip
    4-unpack it to your local disk like CiPlus
    5-download another thing wich you NEED to use iPlus http://www.ipluspwns.com/files/inter...al_payload.zip
    6-UNPACK THIS ARCHIEVE TO THE SAME DIRECTORY ON YOUR DISK
    7-enter your directory and rename payload_international.zip to payload.zip
    8-enter terminal and wirte cmd
    9-and type there
    c:
    cd \
    cd iPlus
    10-launch iTunes and wait untill it detects iPhone! DO NOT CLOSE IT,JUST DO NOT TOUCH IT!!!!!!
    11-if you need to activate/jailbreak/unlock type iPlus -u
    11(1.0) - if you just need to jailbreak/activate type iPlus
    12-wait from 2 to 5 minutes

AND NOW THE WORST PART!!!! DO NOT DOWNGRADE,TO 1.1.1 OR LOWER,IT WILL MAKE YOUR BOOTLOADER 3.8 YOU WONT BE ABLE TO GET BACK TO 3.9 OR 4.6 NEVER EVER DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way iPlus installs the following things
    Community Sources
    BSD Subsustem
    OpenSSH
    VT-100
    BSD FIX
    VT100 FIX
    FIX for Summerboard themes
    Moves ringtones (making free more than 120 MB)!

IF YOU BOUGHT AN IPHONE WITH 1.0.0-1.1.1 YOU MAY USE THIS INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!
    But if you like Any Sim you can do activate and jailbreak by this programs and unlock with anySIM.
    For 4.6 bootloaders here is the instructions how to unlock/activate/jailbreak if you do NOT like Ziphone or iPlus:
    1-slide for emeregency
    2-dial *#307# and wait for the ring
    3-then cut off *#307# and then type 0 and call
    4-the phone will ring again and you must do-answer/hold/deceline
    5-go to the contacts and create a new one in the url adress type : prefs:1F and press done,and edit again type another url www.jailbreakme.com
    6-press done and go to the first url,then go to general-auto lock-and press never then go back and connect to your WiFi and prss home
    7-slide for emeregency and press 0 then call-and then answer/hold/decline and follow the next url then scroll down and press jailbreak then wait for 5 mins and your iphone will reboot then after reboot finishes slide to unlock and then
    go to installer and install IN THE FOLOWING ORDER(BSD Subsystem,Comunity sources-The latest version AND then install from the iClarified repo package Geohot Unlock and follow the instructions then wait for 5 mins and it gonna say:your iPhone is sucsefuly unlocked but there be NO signal bars stil..... then install OktoPrep and make an update to 1.1.2 firmware and activate and jailbreak it and IT WILL WORK!!!

Q-wich sources i should add to installer? and how to do this?
    A-to do this just go to the installer-sources-press edit-add source-press ok-DONE, you should install Comunity Sources,i-App-aday,ride4.org/shai.xml , apogeeltd.com . the packages you should install THE FIRST IS BSD Subsystem,then what you like you also can add all soures package and then remove sources wich you dont like ( all sources come from the source - ride4.org/shai.xml )
    Last edited by Apple iPie; 2008-03-24 at 10:05 AM.
    2008-03-03 11:36 AM
    Thanks for the post, quite informative but I have a problem. I'd be thankful if you could help me out with that.

I have a 1.1.2 iPhone (originally 1.1.2 - no upgrade). I unlocked it using ZiPhone 2.4. No error occurred during the unlocking process.
    There are some problems after the unlock:
    1- Touch pad closes down when I enter a number (i can call from contact list only)
    2- I cannot read SMS, closes down once I tap on it
    3- I cannot view my recent calls , missed calls, received calls etc. closes down when I tap on it.
    4- When there is an incoming call or SMS, no notification can be heard, no ringtone, no ANSWER/ REJECT for incoming calls. The screen just unlocks and WORKING icon appears on the screen.
    5- I have reset network settings as recommended in ZiPhone - no change.

By the way, WiFi , Maps, weather all work, but no YouTube
    2008-03-03 12:30 PM
    I reccomended you to RESTORE to 1.1.3 or 1.1.4, This will work on 1.1.2 BUT NOT CORRECTLY if you want to stay on 1.1.2 so the hard method! But i think you should restore to 1.1.3 and do the process again
    2008-03-03 12:56 PM
    Thanks for the post, quite informative but I have a problem. I'd be thankful if you could help me out with that.

I have a 1.1.2 iPhone (originally 1.1.2 - no upgrade). I unlocked it using ZiPhone 2.4. No error occurred during the unlocking process.
    There are some problems after the unlock:
    1- Touch pad closes down when I enter a number (i can call from contact list only)
    2- I cannot read SMS, closes down once I tap on it
    3- I cannot view my recent calls , missed calls, received calls etc. closes down when I tap on it.
    4- When there is an incoming call or SMS, no notification can be heard, no ringtone, no ANSWER/ REJECT for incoming calls. The screen just unlocks and WORKING icon appears on the screen.
    5- I have reset network settings as recommended in ZiPhone - no change.

By the way, WiFi , Maps, weather all work, but no YouTube

For 1, 2 and 3: install iWorld from Installer and run it and select your country.

for YouTube, download the youtube fix. and for the sounds, i think there's a fix to be found too.
    2008-03-03 01:03 PM
    you Should install iWorld ONLY if you want to stay on 1.1.2 firmware..
    I suggest you to use 1.1.3 firmware with baseband from 1.1.4 firmware!
    2008-03-03 01:05 PM
    I do not insist on staying with 1.1.2 but it really matters to me what to do to make features available and that really works.
    2008-03-03 01:12 PM
    All works perfectly on 1.1.3 firmware,for normal users i recomend 1.1.3 firmware,but for ONLY ADVANCED users i suggest RESTORE to 1.1.4 firmware....though.
    2008-03-03 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD