So, i'm getting a little tired of waiting for the iPhone Dev Team to finish and see if they can unlock the new firmware with yellowsn0w.

just because i'm one of the dummies who upgraded and now i'm stuck with my thumb up somewhere and i don't know what to do.

Does anybody know of any other ways to unlock the iPhone?

Hw about permanently unlocking it?

and would you be able to provide a tutorial or a link to it?

thanks,

Niko
    2009-02-08 06:03 PM
    Sorry, don't mean to be too sarcastic but come on. Don't you think if there was a permanent unlock everyone would be using it? Why would everyone have been waiting for Yellowsn0w to be released? Why wouldn't you be able to easily find it on every iPhone blog? If you just think about it a little bit you could figure it out, I hope.

BTW...I really see no reason to even unlock the 3G. If I wanted to use an iPhone on T-Mobile I would find a 1st Gen iPhone for a lot cheaper than a 3G. You don't have any advantage because you can't even use the T-Mobile 3G network when you unlock it.
    Dirty as I wanna be!
    2009-02-08 06:20 PM
    hi Dirtybird1977,
    I think you should buy and dowmload the software unlock online they sale and unlock it if you want it right now
    2009-02-08 06:24 PM
    Is there a link for this unlock.. I also have 2.2.1 and want to unlock my 3g.. Thanks
    2009-02-08 06:35 PM
    Sorry, don't mean to be too sarcastic but come on. Don't you think if there was a permanent unlock everyone would be using it? Why would everyone have been waiting for Yellowsn0w to be released? Why wouldn't you be able to easily find it on every iPhone blog? If you just think about it a little bit you could figure it out, I hope.

BTW...I really see no reason to even unlock the 3G. If I wanted to use an iPhone on T-Mobile I would find a 1st Gen iPhone for a lot cheaper than a 3G. You don't have any advantage because you can't even use the T-Mobile 3G network when you unlock it.

it's no problem, i'm just saying this because, everybody uses yellowsn0w because it's a ridiculously simple way to unlock your iPhone.

i don't care if i have to rip the phone in half and fiddle with it's guts to make it work. i'll do it. most people aren't to savvy when it comes to inner electronics. sure, iPhones are a little more complicated then your kitchen toaster, but i'm sure somebody with detailed instructions and precautions can teach someone how to unlock their iPhone the hard way.

and i got my iPhone 3G for free from a friend and i like the design better then the 1st generation anyway.
    2009-02-08 08:20 PM
    A Vietnamese cellphone store is claiming to have carried out a hardware unlock of the iPhone 3G by physically altering the handset's circuit-board. There is still hope if you don't want to wait for the dev team to do their magic.

Here is the link

iPhone 3G hardware unlocked in Vietnam? | iPhone Buzz
    2009-02-08 10:15 PM
    harware unlock is permanent. but only if ur willing to open ur iphone and change a few things on the motherboad that cud end up making ur iphone useless.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.
    2009-02-08 10:45 PM
    hmm, that link didn't do much good, but there is hope! thanks captainjapanicq. i'm gonna try and look into all that. the wait for the dev team is killing me here, my iPhone has my life inside of it. x__x

feel free to keep helping in the search for a permanent unlock!!

thanks guys,

Niko
    2009-02-09 06:05 AM
    u could use a turbo sim or somthing like it ive never tried it but ive heard decent things
    2009-02-09 09:04 AM
    I think he is looking for a hardware unlock... as in soldering and that whole bit...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2009-02-09 11:48 AM
    According to some sellers on ebay this works with the latest 2.2.1 firmware and baseband. Has anyone actually bought one and tried it?
    2009-02-09 05:55 PM
    Yeah I have get my unlock from Unlock iPhone 3G - Instant Unlock any iPhone. Incl 2.2.1 and it works great for 2.2.1 firmware.
    2009-02-09 06:58 PM
    yeah i have get my unlock from unlock iphone 3g - instant unlock any iphone. Incl 2.2.1 and it works great for 2.2.1 firmware.
    i love you.
    2009-02-09 11:45 PM
    Yeah I have get my unlock from Unlock iPhone 3G - Instant Unlock any iPhone. Incl 2.2.1 and it works great for 2.2.1 firmware.

Yah I have one and keep getting no service.. Waist of money if you ask me only working for an hour at a time
    2009-02-10 04:00 AM
    yeah...after researching it a bit. there's no way i'm using any turbo sims. just a waste of money.

so the hunt continues for a hardware unlock for the iPhone 3G 2.2.1.

someone should go and rip their iPhone in half and go to town on it and see if they can figure anything out. :]]

thanks again guys,

Niko
    2009-02-10 07:21 AM
    Edit : Broomhead... be nice

yeah...after researching it a bit. there's no way i'm using any turbo sims. just a waste of money.
    so the hunt continues for a hardware unlock for the iPhone 3G 2.2.1.
    someone should go and rip their iPhone in half and go to town on it and see if they can figure anything out. :]]
    thanks again guys,
    Niko
    You did research and THAT's your conclusion. Turbo sims work just fine.
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2009-02-14 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-02-11 01:46 AM
    edit: broomhead
    ...first off, you're dealing with an impatient 16 year old that lives off instant gratification and makes to much money for my age and just wants to play with his toys. i couldn't care less about your opinion. all i want is for my iPhone to work properly.

and i've done my research over the turbo sims and everybody and their mother complains about them losing service all the time, and that they have to replace them every month or so. i haven't truly heard any good comments about the turbo sims.
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2009-02-14 at 10:37 PM.
    2009-02-12 01:22 AM
    ...first off, you're dealing with an impatient 16 year old that lives off instant gratification and makes to much money for my age and just wants to play with his toys. i couldn't care less about your opinion. all i want is for my iPhone to work properly.

and i've done my research over the turbo sims and everybody and their mother complains about them losing service all the time, and that they have to replace them every month or so. i haven't truly heard any good comments about the turbo sims.
    if you make too much money just buy another iphone and start the process again....really.....your phone is working perfect, its just that you came along and didnt follow directions and ended up with a dissapointment....and saying that your tired of it isnt no ones fault but yours...sux to be your iphone right now....mine works nicely
    2009-02-12 01:47 AM
    ...first off, you're dealing with an impatient 16 year old that lives off instant gratification and makes to much money for my age and just wants to play with his toys. i couldn't care less about your opinion
    LOL LOL LOL, ... you're gunna make a wonderful addition to society.
    You are surprisingly introspective for a 16yr old punk.

BTW, you are right about turbo sims, they're a bit unreliable. I have 2 of them and I won't use them because of inconsistency.

I think you're screwed (in the short term) with your modem firmware. Keep an eye on Dev-Team blog for news on the new firmware. At this point, your only option is TurboSim(or alternative)

PM me if you want one to play with.
    2009-02-12 03:34 AM
    LOL LOL LOL, ... you're gunna make a wonderful addition to society.
    You are surprisingly introspective for a 16yr old punk.

BTW, you are right about turbo sims, they're a bit unreliable. I have 2 of them and I won't use them because of inconsistency.

I think you're screwed (in the short term) with your modem firmware. Keep an eye on Dev-Team blog for news on the new firmware. At this point, your only option is TurboSim(or alternative)

PM me if you want one to play with.
    -phew- that was a close one i guess. i was hoping you wouldn't wind up being one of those individuals that i usually avoid on forums just to avoid trouble. lolol.

well, thanks for your help anyway. my main reason for starting this thread was to attempt to find a more permanent method, since the iPhone Dev. Team created yellowsn0w as just a soft unlock. i was hoping that maybe somebody with a little more experience may have cracked open their 3G and snooped around trying to find an actual hardware unlocking method.

and just how inconsistent are the TurboSim cards? i've heard of people complaining that they switch service providers whenever there is one around that has a stronger signal and a reboot doesn't do anything to solve it, but those were iPhone owners in other countries.

i guess i'll just use my old sidekick until the Dev. Team updates yellowsn0w, if they even can. some rumors say that they aren't even sure if they can crack the firmware. :[[

thanks,

if you make too much money just buy another iphone and start the process again....really.....your phone is working perfect, its just that you came along and didnt follow directions and ended up with a dissapointment....and saying that your tired of it isnt no ones fault but yours...sux to be your iphone right now....mine works nicely
    and yeah, i can probably just pawn the iPhone off on craigslist or something and just find a new one with the older firmware.

i should've looked into it more than i did, i'll admit that. i've learned my lesson. lmao.

hey, i noticed in your signature, your avatar and Gears of War 2 pictures. would you play Call of Duty by any chance? haha. part of me never really got into Gears of War, i'm addicted to Call of Duty though.
    Last edited by ohemgeeitsNiko; 2009-02-12 at 06:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-02-12 06:02 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.