Ok, here's is the deal..... I have the 2gen iPhone with version 2.2 Therefore, I tried to unlock the phone by using quickpwn 2.2 I went through the necessary steps but was unsuccessful. Any suggestions?

I searched a youtube video in which it explains that you need to restore the settings before unlocking the iPhone, but i was unsuccessful in doing so. If you may, please view the video [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyg8NKl01Sc]YouTube - How to Unlock and Jailbreak iPhone 2G!!! The Whole Process!!![/ame] It shows how to restore the phone, but I am unable to do so. When I try to complete this step, my iTunes reads as follows: Are you sure you want to restore the iPhone to its factory settings? The newest version of the iPhone software will be installed.

According to the video, he doesn't receive the message that pops up on my screen. What should I do? Please Note that when my sim card is in the phone the screen says only emergency calls are to be made. When I take out the t-mobile sim card it says no sim.
    The killer part about this entire situation is that when i turn off the phone then turn it back on.....instead of the apple logo its the pineapple logo/quickpwn logo. So in part, it was kinda unlocked but not.
    Unlocked 1 Generation iPhone
    Using T-Mobile service
    1.1.4 version
    2009-02-10 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD