Hi all my friend has the iphone 2G the first one came out i don't know what firmware version it has on it, when he plugged it into the computer loaded itunes it was updating something he said he cancelled it.

It now says on itunes that sim does not appear to be supported.
    If I take my sim chip in and out. It says on the iphone screen, Insert valid sim with no PIN lock to activate phone.
    There is a padlock symbol at the top of the iphone screen.

I don't want to lose any contacts on the phone or data, any help restoring it from emergency call mode will be great

Thanks =)

2009-02-11 07:29 AM
    It not activated. Are you trying an ATT sim? If not, it needs to be unlocked.
    2009-03-15 12:59 AM
    Hi all my friend has the iphone 2G the first one came out i don't know what firmware version it has on it, when he plugged it into the computer loaded itunes it was updating something he said he cancelled it.

It now says on itunes that sim does not appear to be supported.
    If I take my sim chip in and out. It says on the iphone screen, Insert valid sim with no PIN lock to activate phone.
    There is a padlock symbol at the top of the iphone screen.

I don't want to lose any contacts on the phone or data, any help restoring it from emergency call mode will be great

Thanks =)

hey this happen to me as well what u do is plug ur iphone and the back of ur comp pull ur itunes up some how it will reactive the phone for some reason u wont lose anything let me know if that works for u
    2009-03-16 01:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD