I was browsing eBay and there are apparently a new breed of unlocking SIMs called REBEL SIMs. They claim to require NO SIM swapping when you lose service, therefore working as well as yellowsn0w. Has anyone had any experience with these? Do they work as advertised?
    2009-02-24 04:22 AM
    I just tried the latest Rebel Sim card tonight with the software update for the 2.2.1 firmware and it seems to be working ok so far on US T-mobile. I've also been using for the last few days the new Gevey Plus 2. It also seems to work well. I had a Gevey before with the 2.1 firmware and it worked flawlessly for two months. I would still be using it but decided to update to the 2.2.1 firmware after I saw the new sim adapter was available. The only advantage I'm aware of for the Rebel is that is it suposedly programable so you don't have to buy an updated sim everytime the firmware is updated and you want to use it. You have to buy a seperate programer from Rebel to do this. The disadvantage of the Rebel is that it is more expensive. The shipping costs is also more since it ships from England.
    2009-02-24 05:05 AM
    I can say that my sim card works really fine, I don't have problems with calling and sending messages. Data works also. I have got it from this website Unlock iPhone 3G - Instant Unlock any iPhone. Incl 2.2.1
    "Apple a day keeps the doctor away"
    2009-02-26 06:08 PM
    I can say that my sim card works really fine, I don't have problems with calling and sending messages. Data works also. I have got it from this website Unlock iPhone 3G - Instant Unlock any iPhone. Incl 2.2.1
    Has anyone else bought from these guys? I myself was considering buying this one..
    2009-02-28 02:07 AM
    Has anyone else bought from these guys? I myself was considering buying this one..
    I am also using REBEL Simcard,... You Can Search for REBEL SIMCARD feedback from eBay sellers.
    Last edited by Tangui; 2009-03-05 at 09:07 PM.
    2009-03-01 11:47 AM
    Why pay money when yellowsnow and pawnage are free?
    2009-03-03 07:05 AM
    Why pay money when yellowsnow and pawnage are free?
    No dude.. gotta pay if you are stuck on iPhone 3G v02.30.03.

for now no choice but to buy sim unlock like REBEL sim or Virgin sim
    2009-03-03 08:45 AM
    YOur right Bro... as of now if your Modem Firmware is already updated to v02.30.03 the only choice is to used Rebel SIM and it is tested works fine.
    2009-03-03 10:15 AM
    When the original owner of the phone updated it to 2.2.1, therefore breaking yellowsn0w =]
    2009-03-03 02:56 PM
    can anyone recommend a good website to buy a turbosim/rebelsim? something proven to work with a 2.2.1 3g?

thanks in advance
    2009-03-04 02:42 AM
    just get one on ebay. I got mine for 10 dollars shipped.

the only thing is it keeps losing service and then i have to reset it and hope it gains it again.

i contacted the seller and they said to turn data roaming on. so far so good. i will let you know if it loses service completely or if that was my problem.
    2009-03-04 05:59 AM
    I use this card and so far so good. I am satisfied with it, recommended.
    2009-03-04 11:33 AM
    I use this card and so far so good. I am satisfied with it, recommended.
    Very good! Thank you for your reply!
    2009-03-04 06:00 PM
    can anyone recommend a good website to buy a turbosim/rebelsim? something proven to work with a 2.2.1 3g?

thanks in advance

I have a MAGICSIM unlock sim for IPhone 2.2.1 and it works nice for me. I have get it from here:
    Iphone 3G unlock,iphone V2.2.1 unlock,IPhone non-cutting unlock sim
    2009-03-06 07:02 AM
    I have a MAGICSIM unlock sim for IPhone 2.2.1 and it works nice for me. I have get it from here:
    Iphone 3G unlock,iphone V2.2.1 unlock,IPhone non-cutting unlock sim
    Magic sim is Sh!t, a friend tested one in Guandzu - China and cannot unlock iPhone v02.30.03, Look at Magic sim site they don`t support new baseband Iphone 3G unlock,iphone V2.2.1 unlock,IPhone non-cutting unlock sim

Gevey2 plus and REBEL SIMCARD have been confirmed so far working and Renewing network keys on iPhone 3G v2.30.03
    2009-03-06 05:56 PM
    Hi all,

Just wanna share my experience with Rebel SIM.

My 3G Iphone was locked as it was upgraded to firmware 2.2.1 with the new baseband 2.30.03.

I almost gave up until I got the Rebel SIM.

The only problem with Rebel SIM is, you can receive call and send SMS when you are on the 3G network. But all calls fail.

In order to fully use my iphone, I had to disable the 3G feature... only then it can receive calls as normal.
    2009-03-10 06:32 PM
    Magic sim is Sh!t, a friend tested one in Guandzu - China and cannot unlock iPhone v02.30.03, Look at Magic sim site they don`t support new baseband

Tangui... I noticed from your comment, are you using China Mobile by any chance?

I was just in Beijing for a month and I know my girlfriend liked my iPhone. I have been thinking about getting her a white iPhone as a nice surprise but want to make sure it works on China Mobile network. I was able to use China Mobile while I was there but I disabled data roaming at the time, since I am on AT&T in the US and wanted to avoid the possible crazy fees...

From what I have seen or that I've been reading is that it should basically work fine but there's no 3G and no visual voicemail. I do not know how much truth there is to it. If it were to work okay with China Mobile, another thing that I am curious about is if web browsing would work (if she is not on a wi-fi network) and if that would require a special plan from the carrier.

I've jailbroken my own phone just this week to try things out and know I would have to unlock hers if I buy one. If you happen to know anything about what steps are necessary to make it work for China Mobile I would really appreciate your help with these questions that are making me a bit uncertain. I wish I could be in China to try it all out myself but I will not be back til winter, then working there in spring. ah~ I miss hot pot
    Last edited by inamra; 2009-03-15 at 08:57 PM.
    2009-03-14 11:01 PM
    Haha, no you don't have to worry about the RebelSIM breaking your phone (though it may get stuck inside, just use the tape trick on their website to prevent that from happening). And I have asked about the legality of RebelSIMs before, and they are both legal and will not affect a warranty (though I don't know what kind of warranty you are referring to, considering you can't buy an iPhone from apple without an AT&T plan).
    2009-05-14 01:06 PM
    I tried a Rebel SIM when BB 2.28 came out and it was the most useless of all the Piggyback SIMs I tried, their programmer only worked if you had a Nokia as well and even the it did not work.
    IMHO there are far better piggyback SIMs out there if you have to use one.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-05-15 09:02 PM
    Rebel Sim didnt work for me (Brazil)
    2009-05-17 07:06 PM
21 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD