Hey guys I need some assistance, I have a 2g iPhone, it's unactivated, locked and I don't have AT&T nor do I know the firmware version. How can I find out the firmware version on my iphone when it's unactivated? How can I go about activating it?
    2009-03-01 09:52 PM
    use pwnage tool or quickpwn to activate and unlock it

just hit restore in itunes to restore to the latest firmware and then use this tutorial

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.x.x 2G iPhone Using QuickPwn (Windows)
    2009-03-01 11:03 PM
    well buddy i'm on the same boat as you.. expect all the methods of activation don't work for me.. maybe you can give it a try first... to see what firmware you are running on in with your iphone connects click help and run diagnostics... and check the iphone/ipod connection and sync and next next next.. doens't really matter about the tests the last page it shows you the data of your devices ran on itunes, scroll down to iphone and it shoudl say firmware: ____... thats your firm ware... as for activating it.. i dont' know.. here are the two best pones i've heard ( they dont' work for me) but you can give them a try. try quickpwn first, [ame=http://www.zshare.net/download/51721230fe4b9459/]zSHARE - quickpwn22.zip[/ame] and then download whever frimware you have on iphone from the internet, make sure its legit, then follow the quickpwn steps CHECK UNLOCK mostly thats your activation right there. and hopefully you will pass the rebooting in recovery and then just follow the steps.. let it do its thing just set it to the side, once its done you shoudl be golden, otherwise you can try winpwn... in that you slect your iphone type and then pick which firmware you want to make a custom of ( the one thats on your phone ofcourse).. go through the process.. put the phone in DFU mode ( hold home and power buttong for 10 secs, release power still holding home for another 10 seconds) and itunes should say iphone recognized in recovery... when clicking restore hold shift and click restore.. find the custom firmware whereever you saved it.. and let the phone restore... hopefully you dont get errors like me.. GOOD LUCK!
    2009-03-01 11:06 PM
    Yeah i quickpwn to activate it and unlock it that worked for me and everything is running fine.
    2009-03-04 04:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD