I'm a T-Mobile user. I just bought a 16GB 3G iPhone from my friend for $100. It's in pretty good shape. He updated the software to 2.2.1 so I can't do a software unlock unfortunately. I already have a 4GB 1st gen iPhone that works great for me. I only have about 2GB of music on it so space isn't really an issue. I don't know if I should keep the 1st gen I have or if I should start using the 3G. Does the new xGPS software work good with the 3G on T-Mobile? I'd be using t-zones hack. My dilemma is that I could sell the 3G on eBay and make a good profit (friend doesn't care if I resell it, he didn't want to deal with that).

Are there any drawbacks or advantages of using the 3G on T-mobile? I've been happy with the 1st gen thus far. Should I wait for a yellowsnow unlock or buy an unlock simcard. From research it seems like the Gevey 3G Plus 2 is the best one.
    2009-03-07 08:43 PM
    Basically, you only advantage would be the gps.
    2009-03-07 09:54 PM
    Basically, you only advantage would be the gps.
    Does it work good on T-Mobile with the $5.99 plan? Does it rely on the network at all? I'm curious how it works with xGPS on T-Mobile.
    2009-03-07 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD