I have the chance to go to 2.0. Do you guys think that I should update?
    2008-03-07 04:08 AM
    Excuse my skepticism, its nothing personal. But if your serious download the firmware and post it...just an idea
    2008-03-07 04:18 AM
    If you watch the Event Steve says that the beta will be released to the developers. My dad is a developer for his company and has been for several years. So we of course got the package. My dad does not want me to use it yet since it is my phone. I could post it but for people in the same position the question would still remain if you wanted a beta operating system on your only phone
    2008-03-07 04:32 AM
    My bad, wasnt trying to imply anything against you, some people just tend to make up crap. Good point tho, enough people have trouble with the stable firmware releases as it is but if you post it it's more likely to get into the hands of the people who know what to do with it (ie-find exploits and..exploit them) Totally up to you of course but if it were up to me i'd upload it

Obviously it'll change alot by the time its released in June but still...

Oh and to answer you original post, no i personally dont think you should update
    Last edited by Sproch; 2008-03-07 at 04:57 AM.
    2008-03-07 04:54 AM
    They don't make you agree not to share the f/w file?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!
    2008-03-07 08:38 AM
    I'm sure they do.

It's just a matter of time until it gets out, wonder if Apple have added any safety measures to avoid just anyone installing it?

I don't reckon there will be to many changes between this release and the final one, as they won't want to break any apps, and they won't even have the apps to test compatibility with as they will be yet to be released.
    2008-03-07 10:54 AM
    Yea why wont you share it with "others" zibri says Ziphone WORKS with 1.2! Maybe on rapidshare...
    2008-03-15 07:00 PM
    Read that same answer before somewhere - I think it was to do with OS X some time back and in the end it turned out to be a scam - even turned up on a BT site - smells 'fishy'
    2008-03-16 02:05 PM
    Ive heard that the 1.2 FW comes with the SDK.

Is it implemented or seperated from the SDK?

Anyone knows?

I have the SDK but no Mac :-(
    If I could help you with my answer give me a
    2008-03-16 03:15 PM
    All thought that firmware will be outs the same day as SDK,BUT thats not true,It will be with appstore is june. sorry.
    2008-03-16 04:34 PM
    If your father signed a nondisclosure agreement, do you want to risk the consequences to him by leaking it?
    2008-03-16 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD