Ok I live in Australia and my Iphone was working the other day. The sim was locked, so i couldn't use the phone to call anyone but I could install apps use the internet, do everyting exept call people.

The other day I updadted to v2.2 and after it finished it said Insert a valid sim with no pin lock to activate phone. I could not use the phone at all. The sim that is in the Iphone is a telstra sim and I cannot use the phone at all. I tried restoring it back to v2.1 but it still asks for sim pin.

How do I get it back to the way it was so the sim is locked but I can still use it to do everything else. I do not want to unlock the sim to call people I just want to be able to use it for everything else.

Please Help,
    Gathanderoth
    Last edited by gathanderoth; 2009-04-02 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-04-02 03:42 AM
    try to jailbrake or go and connect the iphone to itunes and activate the cell.
    try to search for what is jailbrake around here in the forums..
    2009-04-02 05:05 AM
    try to search for what is jailbrake around here in the forums..
    Yes that is what I have been doing for the last two days, searching google for jailbreak and I tried to jailbreak it with no luck but I continued to try and eventually I go it to work so now I can use the Iphone again.

before I did the jailbreak It said i had to put in a pin and I tried 3 times. I didnt know the pin so I guessed, I shouldn't have done that but anyways then it said to put in a puk. Now that I have it working again every time I turn it on it says puk locked your sim cannot be accessed. please call your carrier to obtain your puk code.

Before I screwed up when ever I turned it on it never came up with puk locked message. do you know how to remove this message. It doesnt really matter because I can use it now but I would like to remove that message so it doesnt keep appearing everytime i turn it on

Thanks
    Last edited by gathanderoth; 2009-04-02 at 05:59 AM.
    2009-04-02 05:47 AM
    hi i was wondering if u could help me. My iphone is stuck in the "insert valid sim" screen, but i dont have the original sim card. IS there a way to get passed this mode so i can at least use the ipod? please help.

-jack

thanks
    2009-12-03 07:53 AM
    Yes that is what I have been doing for the last two days, searching google for jailbreak and I tried to jailbreak it with no luck but I continued to try and eventually I go it to work so now I can use the Iphone again.

before I did the jailbreak It said i had to put in a pin and I tried 3 times. I didnt know the pin so I guessed, I shouldn't have done that but anyways then it said to put in a puk. Now that I have it working again every time I turn it on it says puk locked your sim cannot be accessed. please call your carrier to obtain your puk code.

Before I screwed up when ever I turned it on it never came up with puk locked message. do you know how to remove this message. It doesnt really matter because I can use it now but I would like to remove that message so it doesnt keep appearing everytime i turn it on

Thanks
    You need to do what the phone says, and call your carrier company. I'm not 100% sure how that puk code thing works, but I know I did the exact same thing you did on an older samsung phone. Completely locked myself out, in fact I guessed a few times on the puk code, had to replace my sim card....

hi i was wondering if u could help me. My iphone is stuck in the "insert valid sim" screen, but i dont have the original sim card. IS there a way to get passed this mode so i can at least use the ipod? please help.

-jack

thanks
    If your on 3.1.2 just run blackra1n
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2009-12-03 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!
    2009-12-03 04:47 PM
    Alright thanks for your help. I have jailbroken my phone now, but i am trying to get my gophone sim to work in my iphone. I inserted it but it is not working yet. Im trying to find a way to unlock my iphone i hear blacksnow will unlock an iphne, but i cant find a site that allows me to downlaod it. My friend downlaoded blackra1n and his came with blacksnow, but mine didnt. If you could help me find a way to get blacksnow so i can unlock my iphone or another program that unlocks iphones that would be very helpfull and i will gladly give you a thanks.
    -thanks
    -jack
    2009-12-04 08:42 AM
    Found out home add blackra1n.com to Cydia and the search and download to your phone ! I used wifi signal
    Last edited by ajduenas1; 2009-12-05 at 05:22 AM.
    2009-12-05 05:08 AM
    hi i was wondering if u could help me. My iphone is stuck in the "insert valid sim" screen, but i dont have the original sim card. Is there a way to get passed this mode so i can at least use the ipod? Please help.
    if your on 3.1.2 just run blackra1n
    works perfectly!!!
    2009-12-28 05:05 PM

-jack

thanks

If your on 3.1.2 just run blackra1n
    works perfectly!!!
    wat about 3.1.3 ??
    can anything be done to bypass the "insert valid sim" screen...
    2010-03-31 03:42 PM
    i update my iphone to 4.2.1 and my sim is blocked what to do? the following error came on itunes "Only Compatible sim card from a supported carrier may be used to activate iphone. please insert the sim card that came with your iphone or visit a supported carrier's store to receive a replacement card"
    and in i phone seems a itunes's logo and usb's logo shown in it.
    2010-12-24 04:26 PM
    i update my iphone to 4.2.1 and my sim is blocked what to do? the following error came on itunes "Only Compatible sim card from a supported carrier may be used to activate iphone. please insert the sim card that came with your iphone or visit a supported carrier's store to receive a replacement card"
    and in i phone seems a itunes's logo and usb's logo shown in it.

same here
    2010-12-28 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD