So I have an OTB 1.1.2 iPhone in which I have successfully installed all of the updates. I am running 1.1.4 I decided today to try and unlock the phone and all the goodies using iPlus 1.1 These are the instruction I followed:

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/comm...commentsanchor

Unfortunately this is my issue. I finished doing all of the required steps. My phone says service/repair needed. No calls can be made. I attempted to connect to iTunes to restore the phone. Well it says it can't connect to the phone because it requires a passcode. The phone won't let me enter the passcode, it says only emergency calls can be made. So now I'm left with a phone that is locked and won't do anything. Someone please help me here. I have no clue what to do.
    2008-03-08 04:58 PM
    try using an older version of itunes, and try upgrade and restore again
    Thanks is an acknowledgment
    2008-03-08 05:18 PM
    Or try using the advanced features in ZiPhone. See if you can change the phones mode to DFU, then try restoring 1.1.4 again. Or see if the "Refurbish" button will work. If you run the refurbish process, then restore through iTunes, you will basically have a "factory new" phone. Then use the "Do it all" button in ZiPhone to unlock / jailbreak.
    2008-03-08 06:03 PM
    try pressing the home screen button and power on/off button at the same time for 20 seconds. this will put the phone in recovery mode and then you can connect to itunes and restore it to any version you want.
    2008-03-08 06:04 PM
    This actually worked. I found a thread telling me to hold the home button and plug it into an outlet, it started in recovery mode, I plugged it in and was able to restore it. Everything works fine. Do you guys not recommend using iPlus to unlock and jailbrake my iPhone?
    2008-03-08 08:53 PM
    ziphone works really well, for windows and mac alike
    our life our world mapped out in scars,carved in wrist and back of arm

2008-03-08 10:08 PM
    Stay with Ziphone ATM.

It works very well.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a
    2008-03-09 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD