Alright well, im currently using an iphone 2g that i have had a contract with for about a year. Im looking at buying a 3g off ebay.
    Is there a way for me to buy a 3g and not have to pay the $30 monthly fee? I dont mind continuing to pay the $20 i currently pay for my 2g but $30 is a little much for me. If i buy a 3g and unlock it with pwnagetooil or whatever, and then put my current sim card in it, will internet and everything still work? My main goal here is to get a 3g without having to pay the monthly data plan.

Hopefully that was understandable. Thanks
    2009-04-05 12:32 AM
    The questions seems quite confusing to me. Yes, you can get an 3G unlock it and use it with a sim card with or without data plan. depending on the firmware and baseband of the 3G it depends on wheter you will be able to unlock it with the software or you will need a hardware unlock like this sim card for example
    "Apple a day keeps the doctor away"
    2009-04-06 12:55 PM
    Hmm, iphone 2g came with $20 data plan? Didnt knew that. I though it was always $30. But yeah u should be able to use the 3G with the same plan u have. Just call AT&T & tell em that u lost the other 2g model and u dont have insurance so u'll buy (or already bought) one from ebay. They can easily change the imei number and make the new phone ur primary phone. U dont even have to tell em about 2g, 3g, etc.

I am assuming u have AT&T.
    2009-04-07 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD