So has any one been able to unlock the iphone 3g from att because as you can see in this list it says that the provider unlocks them. so is it possible? let me know.
    About activating iPhone 3G with a wireless carrier
    2009-04-08 01:58 AM
    The place of purchase will verify that you have an account with the carrier and then give you instructions on how to activate your iPhone (insert a valid, active SIM and connect to iTunes).

Fourth paragraph. Neither Apple or AT&T is going to give you an unlocked iPhone.
    2009-04-08 02:11 AM
    If you are talking about Baseband 02.30.xx then no, you still cannot soft unlock it. You need something like RebelSIM or TurboSIM.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

I can't find Cydia on app store
    2009-04-08 02:12 AM
    what if i borrowed a sim card from a friend would that work?
    2009-04-08 03:12 AM
    Borrow an AT&T sim card from a friend and see what the baseband is. If the baseband is 02.30.xx then you need to read my other post, if it is 02.28, then it is unlockable.

2009-04-08 03:24 AM
    wait wait start over i want to know if i can get att to unlock my iphone 3g that is on 2.2.1 with the baseband at 02.30.xx. I have a friend who would be willing to let me borrow his sim card. is it possible to get it unlocked from att?
    2009-04-08 03:27 AM
    wait wait start over i want to know if i can get att to unlock my iphone 3g that is on 2.2.1 with the baseband at 02.30.xx. I have a friend who would be willing to let me borrow his sim card. is it possible to get it unlocked from att?
    No, I wanted you to use the SIM in order to find out the baseband. If you know that the firmware is 2.2.1, then you should know the baseband is 02.30 then you need a piggy-back SIM like RebelSIM or TurboSIM to unlock it.

2009-04-08 03:39 AM
    No its not possible at all. ATT wont unlock you your iphone. They will lock it again only if they can ( and they do so through various software "updates"). Thats the whle point of locking and unlocking. Apple and ATT wants the iphone locked - users want it unlocked. If its on the 2.2.1 firmware with the new baseband, there is no way to unlock it except with a sim card. This sim worked for me after I have upgraded to latest baseband Unlock iPhone 3G - Instant Unlock any iPhone. Incl 2.2.1
    "Apple a day keeps the doctor away"
    2009-04-09 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD