First off- thank you in advance for any help I am given-
    Ok I am attempting to unlock my new iphone. It is NOT 3g but I got a killer deal on it and it is in mint condition- anyways sorry thats off the point.
    I downloaded quickpwn 2.2 and the bootloaders. it completes its job, and but then it says different SIM detected.
    Well, you can see it says T-MOBILE, and it is allowing me to make and receive calls... besides that its completely locked up-
    does anyone know what the problem is and how i can fix it? thank you
    2009-04-09 05:26 PM
    What do you mean by it's completely locked up? If it allows you to make calls it seems it's unlocked.
    2009-04-09 06:30 PM
    well, besides making and receiving phone calls- it allows me to do nothing else. it says emergency calls only- allows no other access to the phone
    2009-04-09 06:37 PM
    Try unlocking again. Just to make it easier, you might try one of the unlocking threads that has a custom firmware. It allows you to just do a 'Shift+Restore' in iTunes as opposed to the whole drawn out process.
    2009-04-09 06:56 PM
    ok- i think i may have made this whole situation worse trying to fix it- i am new at this,,, and prob. should have just let it be.
    ok, but i'll try what your saying though. THANK YOU
    2009-04-09 07:26 PM
    Why don't you just try a fresh restore via iTunes to 2.2.1 and make sure you have Quickpwn 2.2-5 and Quickpwn it again. Firmware 2.2.1 is unlockable on a Non-3G iPhone so I don't understand why you just don't do that.

Also, make sure you have no SIM in the phone when you Quickpwn it.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

I can't find Cydia on app store
    2009-04-10 06:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD